Washington-Seattle
Options

wedding bands

I think we've narrowed down a few wedding bands for FI. BUT, where did you guys get your wedding bands?? Or did you just get it from the same place FI bought the engagement ring? If it is a set, you are luckY! I'm not finding the band I like for less than 1200. I just think that is a lot..too much... I don't know why. FI set a higher amount as the limit but for some reason I just feel like my band is potentially 1200 and his is literally 70 bucks.. maybe 55. 
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: wedding bands

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was the set - part of the appeal for me. Smile Not sure what style you want, but mine was under the $1200 price at EE Robbins.  And I hear you on the price difference, but like you said, if he loses/breaks it, not much of a loss, right?
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    that is one of the only reason that i don't feel as bad..because if he loses his, he can just buy a new one. i want atleast 1 carat of diamonds in the band... i had a really bad experience at ee robbins but maybe we'll have to look at a different one.
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, Sara, if you average out yours plus his, you end up at a reasonable average (1200 + 70 = 1270 / 2 = $635!).  That works!

Also, fwiw, FI had a bad experience at the Tacoma EE Robbins.  You could go to a different location.  Or try LeRoy downtown.  That's where my ring is from.  They're suuuper nice.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

we scrimped on the wedding and splurged on the rings so I'm not much help there.  both our rings together cost more than the wedding - and his band cost more than my set!  The jewlery will appreciate and always be there, just like our marriage.  The wedding is "just a party" - I'm a little bit of a scrooge in that way though. 

Just my .02.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to a local jeweler (same place where FI got my e-ring.) They are super nice and have great customer service and even a layaway program so you don't have to pay all at once or finance! They're called Panowicz.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sara - our first experience at the Bellevue EE wasn't good.  It was an older guy and he seemed to not care much since we wern't in buying mode at that point.  We also spoke with a Stephanie at the Southcenter one (when there was one) and she was nice.  We actually ended up buying from Tony at the Bellevue one - really patient and nice.  If you do go and speak with him tell him me and FI sent you, although he calls FI "Mr. FIsfirstname".Smile
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually got mine on eBay, believe it or not! The seller was a jeweler who didn't have a physical location, just sold stuff online. There was a return policy so I figured I'd get it appraised right away and if it wasn't as good as they said, I'd return it. He made them to my size (I'm a 4.5 so he didn't have one that was that size) and they came out beautifully and appraised well. $1200 for 1 carat of diamonds is a good price for quality diamonds. I paid double that (got 2 half carat rings), although I was looking at platinum (not sure what metal you want).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI is ordering mine from our artist who helped him pick out my e-ring and is making his. We got a quote for mine for around $660. It is all small diamonds across the top of the band. White gold. Can't really give advice on Jewelry Shops. Hope you find what you're looking for!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not much help. FI hasn't really decided on his yet, but he doesn't want anything expensive. MY e-ring was his mother's so not like we'd buy it from the same place. :) My dream would be to have something designed at Green Lake Jewelry. I'd like engraving on all edges, which would be at least $400 for the engraving, not including the metal cost. I don't really want a stone so that I'll have my band be such that I can wear it all the time without thinking about it.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're looking for a great deal on a nice ring, Bailey Banks & Biddle at Bellevue Square is being liquidated along with the rest of the chain. They have INSANE deals on really nice diamond engagement rings and bands - up to 80% off! My fiance and I are seriously considering buying our rings there (my engagement ring is from there anyway) now even though our wedding isn't until October. The only catch is that you woudln't have a warranty, but a good jewelry insurance policy takes care of that problem anyway.
  • Options
    seblaggseblagg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chiming in - I actually got mine at Overstock.com and it was cheaper than my husband's!

We got his from Titanium Kay (http://www.titaniumkay.com/) and they were fantastic to work with. They even took care of the engraving. The ring was to us in less than a week :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got ours at Ben Bridge, which is also where we got my ering. Mine in platinum costs about 1200, but I got it in white gold and it came in MUCH less.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI got my e-ring from Kay (where my mom works). We picked out his at Jareds (but my mom ordered for us).  My e-ring isn't a set and I'm having a really hard time finding a band I like, but the ones I like best so far are b/w $800-$1000 w/ diamonds.

Everyone is having sells though, so you should be able to find some good deals.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you guys for all the recs.

Seblagg- what does yours look like?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've heard a lot about Titaniumkay.com from a couple recently married friends, I looked online and their prices were very inexpensive.
    I haven't decided where I am going to buy my FI ring yet. I went into Fabri in Bellevue for Mens band, they were ugh....to put it nicely, just not my style but they were priced pretty reasonably around the $250 range.
    But I think overall titaniumkay is probably the best option. Since I've been able to see the ring and hear from someone who has purchased from them.
    Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards