African American Weddings
Options

DIY

This weekend I set aside for do it yourself projects.  I created my monogram layout and design.  I am going use it for the wedding programs, menus, place cards, slide show, and gift card box.  I am so excited about this.  I really like it.  The aisle runner has taken alot of time but I will get it completed.  I also got additional totes from the Dollar Tree.  They are pretty nice in my opinion and I monogrammed initials on them.  Anybody looking for nice totes should definitely check them out.  I hope to post pics once I complete the projects.  Did anyone else get anything accomplished this weekend?

Re: DIY

• Options
    edited December 2011

WOW...You were busy.  Can't want to see pictures.

My accomplishment: Clean and organized the closet and spare bedroom before FI move in!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Designed water bottle labels (actually just changed some info from another knottie bride)
    designed the RSVP card to match our invites.
    looking at the cost of after wedding brunch and also rehearsal dinner if we have one.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MrsJJohnson2BMrsJJohnson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm putting m invites together! Its taking awhile but its coming along! Kepping my fingers crossed!
    Anniversary
    161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MrsJJohnson, let me know if you need help!! you bring mojitos and i'll put together!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW!  Congrats on the great checks.  I have been such a slacker and I wish I could say that I've been doing all of my DIY projects.  I'm so burned out, but I need to get motivated soon.  I have to do all of the things you've completed.  The totes at Dollar Tree were a great find.  That's awesome.  How do you plan on doing the aisle runner?  I think I may be interested in doing that.  You should consider posting instructions on how you did your aisle runner on your bio...wait...do you have a bio...girllll, why don't you have a bio?  Well, anyways, please post your steps to creating the aisle runner and add creating a BIO to your list of things to do!!! LOL  I want to stalk your bio for ideas.  LOL
  • Options
    DanielleB80DanielleB80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I started beading the second trim for my wedding gown. I finished the first trim, made my matching necklace and bracelet. Once I finish with my earrings and this trim, I will be finished with wedding dress DIY 'stuff'.

OMG, I have sooooooooooo much more to do! But with over a year to go, I had better get everything on my DIY list finished.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageGraphics
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @tamtam-you been at me for a while for a bio. (LOL)   Not sure I will do one (because really don't know how and gets frustrated with technology easily) but I will try to share with you how I did my aisle runner.  I just refused to pay an arm and 2 legs for a runner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards