African American Weddings
Options

Ok so my family is gona be pissed at me...and I could care less.....

Ok so Fi and i have just change our entire wedding plans with 6 months to go....at first  everything was fine and I was able to keep the wedding on the DL for a long time which is probably why there was not so much drama, but theses last two weeks....boy I have people calling me that I have not seen in 5 years (like my aunt, which i have know clue how she got my number) asking when she gone get her invite....Im like....uhhh so how's life been these past 5 years???....

any who.... I guess my mommy or my sister (both pointing the finger at each other) slipped and told one of my aunts which everyone knows she have the BIGGEST mouth in the world and she just went wild with the news.....Fi and I was only planning on having about 60 ppl but now we just said bump that we are gona go even smaller and just do main family and friends so about 25-30ppl.....That's gona save us about $400, and what ever we have bought for the 60 we can just sell so its not all bad....

I feel so much better with this number and now we can up grade our honeymoon!!!! Both Fi family and mine are gona trip...heavy...but oh well...we are paying for everything so unless their gona chip in (which their not) they can kick rocks.....

Sorry for the long vent... just had to get that out....

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Ok so my family is gona be pissed at me...and I could care less.....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow!!! You handled that Drama very well! Kudos to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good for you guys!! Go with whatever will make the two of you happy!!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like my drama. My mom is going around telling other relatives who I said will and will not be invited. Why do I have to invite your cousin, that I've met 3 times in my life? My mom is not paying a dime for this wedding but want me to invite all these people and her friends. How rude!

The kicker was this past weekend. I have a sister on my father side. My sister and I are not close and I avoid her due to her lifestyle(drugs). Well she calls my mom sometimes and I told my mom when I first got engaged not to mention nothing to her. Well for the past 2yrs everything been fine, till my mom ran into her this past weekend while I dropped her off at the bank. Why did this lady(my sister) bring her self over to my car congratulating me and asking all these questions about my wedding like she's invited. Fi has never met her and we have been together for 8 years going on 9. My sister did not even attend our brother's funeral some years ago because she had no stockings(her exact words) and our aunt's funeral but you want to bring your drug addicted self to my wedding. I don't think so!!!

My mom thought it was funny about how I reacted to my sister coming to the wedding. I'm not inviting her. Btw when she(my sister) got married some years ago to her sugar daddy she did not invite no one on my dad's side.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    hotrocker2011hotrocker2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ mahoganieyes that's a hot mess..fa real....I just cant understand why people seem to think its ok to run and tell other ppls business...Hello if i wanted that person to know i would have told them my self.....
  • Options
    hotrocker2011hotrocker2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ BlissPhilly...Thanks

msapril0730..we was only inviting that many ppl in the first place because of our moms....you know...well you have to invite so and so they saw you grow up.... well that must have been the first 6 years cause i don't know em....Its time we decided to do what we wanted....
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have the wedding you want especially if no one else is passing over and dough. congrats on putting your foot down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Glad to hear that you are not allowing others to control your wedding!! Its all about you & FI & ya'll make the decisions (especially if ya'll paying for it). Your families will either come or not come.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah its hard for me to understand how people can just invite people you dont know to your wedding when they are not chipping in at all.... ???
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good for you....you did right!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    tjw2011tjw2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy for you-do whatever you feel is best for you all!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards