African American Weddings
Options

Christmas shopping....

Anyone start? I always try to start my Christmas shopping in early October to avoid the rush!

I'm almost finished with my son's, my oldest son wants a guitar so I'm still on the fence about that!

My FI told me to get him anything, I told him I would get him an ipod since he always takes mine but he said that's not from the heart. I have no clue what to get him.

What are you getting your FI?
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Christmas shopping....

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't started Christmas shopping. I'm not a fan of Christmas. I plan to get FI a pair of True Religion jeans and a shirt or some Gucci shoes. We'll see.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't even thought about it yet. As much as I love Christmas and shopping, I am not looking forward to it this year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am an early shopper too normally but for some odd reason this year I have been thrown out of whack.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I havent started shopping. But i have started looking and gathering the kids wish list.  DH isnt big on getting gifts. He just likes to give. So I never know what to get him.  I'll probably buy him some clothes and an ipod. Because he broke his and says other day that he should go buy one. Plus The hubbys b-day is the 17th. He'll be 35 and since we have to postpone our vegas trip because of his job. Im going to throw him a  surprise party. And get one of those fantasy suites for the weekend. . That will keep him smiling threw christmas. Wink
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_christmas-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b4773190-b356-4bbf-8e44-5b2ffc5dff8cPost:1ac60bff-2639-4b0a-8c36-c3014c2aaf4a">Re: Christmas shopping....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I havent started shopping. <strong>But i have started looking and gathering the kids wish list.</strong>  DH isnt big on getting gifts. He just likes to give. So I never know what to get him.  I'll probably buy him some clothes and an ipod. Because he broke his and says other day that he should go buy one. Plus The hubbys b-day is the 17th. He'll be 35 and since we have to postpone our vegas trip because of his job. Im going to throw him a  surprise party. <strong>And get one of those fantasy suites for the weekend. </strong>. That will keep him smiling threw christmas.
    Posted by KSTURGIS[/QUOTE]

My son only asked for four things on his wish list, he's 11 so his list get shorter every year. I always add a few outfits and some shoes when I shop for him

What's a fantasy suite? Sounds like fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm giving my DH a baby. Actually that's all everyone in my family is getting this Christmas. Laughing It's the gift that keeps on giving.

On the other hand, my DH's bday is next week and I have no idea what to give him.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_christmas-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b4773190-b356-4bbf-8e44-5b2ffc5dff8cPost:7a3b38fa-8a07-41db-877b-234797f2c9fc">Re: Christmas shopping....</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I'm giving my DH a baby.</strong> Actually that's all everyone in my family is getting this Christmas.  It's the gift that keeps on giving. On the other hand, my DH's bday is next week and I have no idea what to give him.
    Posted by missrekaeagle[/QUOTE]

I think that's a great gift!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm like you - I start around this time and wrap it up before Thanksgiving.  This year, I plan to finish up around the same time.  The aunts are getting scarves this year!
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since our wedding is exactly 2 weeks after Xmas me and FI have decided not to do gifts. This is going to be hard for me because I'm a big gift person! All our money is going towards the wedding and everyone understands that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_christmas-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b4773190-b356-4bbf-8e44-5b2ffc5dff8cPost:d5a57823-5da3-45e1-9066-8be3ebb30855">Re: Christmas shopping....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Christmas shopping.... : My son only asked for four things on his wish list, he's 11 so his list get shorter every year. I always add a few outfits and some shoes when I shop for him What's a fantasy suite? Sounds like fun!
    Posted by msapril0730[/QUOTE]

The hubby, has two daughters, 13 and 15. Their list has gotten shorter. But the price range has gotten higher.

The Raddison hotel has theme suites. They are really nice. They have like the cleopatra siute. It has a huge bed and a big  jacuzzi in the the room. Their are mirrors all over, and statues that look like pharaohs and stuff from her era. The gilligian island room has a big bamboo bed and jacuzzi. It looks like an indoors deserted island. They have a whole full full of rooms like this. Their are no windows and it sound proof. So you can have as much fun as you like. ;-) And even you can even dress up according to the room and really go with the roll playing.  Some  of the rooms come with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. I cant wait. He has been saying that he wants to check it out all year. But with our schedules, it has been hard.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for the grammar. Im at work. I have to type fast. These heffas are so nosy. lol. I meant that they have a whole floor full of these suites and you can even go the extra step and dress up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Normally, I'm a procrastinator when it comes to shopping and I can never decide what to get people.  But this year, I'm thinking about getting my FI a promise/engagement ring and another XBOX with Kinect.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
  • Options
    happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @KSturgis - I wish we had a Raddison here like that - I'm jealous!! If I did that FI would be smiling from ear to ear for quite a while.  That's really cute, fun, and sexy.  What a way to  put a pep in your step.  There have got to be a lot of happy couples in your area.  That's awesome because you can have your fun in a nice clean place and noboby will think you are a weirdo or freak.  Enjoy!
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_christmas-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b4773190-b356-4bbf-8e44-5b2ffc5dff8cPost:3cefa13a-9bac-418d-8cd5-2f7614b58f4a">Re: Christmas shopping....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since our wedding is exactly 2 weeks after Xmas me and FI have decided not to do gifts. This is going to be hard for me because I'm a big gift person! All our money is going towards the wedding and everyone understands that.
    Posted by admallard[/QUOTE]

I suggested the same thing to my FI since we have the wedding coming up and everything.  Although, I'm gonna confess to you all that I ended up buying him something for Christmas last weekend!  And the thing is, his birthday is 4 days away from Christmas so he gets two gifts in one week!

I ended up getting him the diamond stud earring he's been wanting.......
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_christmas-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:b4773190-b356-4bbf-8e44-5b2ffc5dff8cPost:3cefa13a-9bac-418d-8cd5-2f7614b58f4a">Re: Christmas shopping....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since our wedding is exactly 2 weeks after Xmas me and FI have decided not to do gifts. This is going to be hard for me because I'm a big gift person! All our money is going towards the wedding and everyone understands that.
    Posted by admallard[/QUOTE]

I am doing this! I hope that everyone understand. We have to pay for this wedding!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've been christmas shopping for the kids all year. It's one of the reasons I love woot.com so much. The only thing I haven't gotten off my son's list is a Nintendo DSi, which I'll get after all the wedding bills are paid, and probably during a Black Friday sale.

FI and I are getting married...we've decided that's enough for the year, since we'll start house hunting in the spring.

[QUOTE]I'm giving my DH a baby. Actually that's all everyone in my family is getting this Christmas.  It's the gift that keeps on giving. On the other hand, my DH's bday is next week and I have no idea what to give him.

You win!
    11.13.2010 = BEST DAY EVER!!!
    Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI isnt big on gifts, I know he really wants to go to Chicago while he's here and I'm on Winter Break so I'm thinking about spending New Years there it will be a surprise for him and a first for me since I've never been there. He talks about how great of a city it is he was stationed in Great Lakes near there so I think it will be a great gift for the both of us. I always tend to spend the most of my little sister for Christmas but now since she's 16 I never know what to get her so I'll probably send her a few gift cards...I'm keeping it very simple it's hard living on a student budget and save for a wedding
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_christmas-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:b4773190-b356-4bbf-8e44-5b2ffc5dff8cPost:7a3b38fa-8a07-41db-877b-234797f2c9fc">Re: Christmas shopping....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm giving my DH a baby. Actually that's all everyone in my family is getting this Christmas.  It's the gift that keeps on giving. On the other hand, my DH's bday is next week and I have no idea what to give him.
    I love it!!!! He better appreciate all your hard work girl!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards