African American Weddings
Options

Check!

I haven't been on the board in about a week because of tests at school and I also went to get some wedding business taken care of over the weekend.  We finally got our ceremony location booked!  We are getting married at the chapel on base and they won't allow anyone to book until 6 months prior to the wedding, so around September 19th (6 months before the wedding) I contacted them about reserving the chapel and since I am out of town we had to do the required things over the phone.  Well, to make a long story short, after many phone calls and e-mails later, things still weren't taken care of, so I took a quick trip to GA this past weekend and got everything taken care of and also met with the chapel coordinator.  I am so happy this is finally done because they had me so stressed thinking someone was going to take our date!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Check!

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Congrats! Always great to have a venue for your wedding! :-)

• Options
    ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY!!! I feel you on that 6 month rule. Me and FI were ready to book our date and we had to wait 6 months...we were so scared someone was going to get our date! Which coordinator did you choose? We chose Ameila Beaver.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    LSASLSAS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the check!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

@admallard, we were scared too!  We originally tried to book last March and that's when they told us about the 6 month rule and then when they were dragging their feet at our 6 month mark I almost went crazy because I was afraid our date was going to be gone.  We have Amelia too!  She actually thought I was you when I called and she was wondering why you wanted to meet again, then she saw me and realized I was me lol.  She is sooo long winded, we were with her for almost 3 hours!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @chayb87: That's cool that we have the same coordinator! She seems really nice! And girl yes...she is very long winded!! My FI and I said the same thing as soon as we got out of there. I think we were with her about 3 hours too. And she kept saying the same thing over and over again lol! But we like her and I'm looking forward to working with her. Since my wedding is before yours I'll definitely let you know how she does at our wedding!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes she is very nice!  She was telling us how she bends the chapel rules sometimes because she has a hard time telling brides "no" lol.  She also kept telling us about her daugthers' weddings and her wedding.  Oh that would be so great, thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards