Washington-Seattle
Options

I need a drink after today.....

Had a meeting with possible wedding venue and ended up having a meeting with a pastry chef for the cake after lunch iwht a friend who referred me to pastry chef.

Had both my mom and sis there and it was just a bit too much. My sister was having an off day and being a pain for half and the day and mom was fine except she doesn't get along with sis... I think it would have been easier if I had gone with either of them or ALONE.  

Here i am trying to be nice to include the family, but really i think things would get done easier if i did stuff by myself.

on a side note, my mom got scolded by the salesperson at the fabric store cuase she was saying the fabric i was choosing for flower girl dresses were not that nice. The salesperson was like "its whatever the bride wants" too funny. My mom tends to be very opinionated..... But she has excellent taste so i definately take her opinion to heart.

Re: I need a drink after today.....

• Options
    nosajnosaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you had a bad day. It sucks when you envision some of these pre wedding processes to be fun along the way and it doesn't turn out that way. I've ended up doing a lot of stuff on my own for that reason. Maybe you can look back and laugh about some of it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would pick and choose which ones you include them in. Venue: include. It's nice to get other ideas and opnions on that. Cake tasting: alone or only with FI (actually, you should ALWAYS take him to tastings, it's like a reward for them!)

I'm just hormonal and am about to go fix myself a drink. :P I hit the wrong button at Costco and accidentally hit no cash when I needed cash to grab myself some dinner from the deli-thing. I said, "Oh no!" and it spit out the receipt and the cashier said too late. I refuse to pay ATM fees and didn't think about writing a check until I was back in the car. By then I was too upset and sat in the car and cried! Over not getting a hot dog! I hate hormones AND getting cranky because I'm hungry.

*cheers*
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry about your day.  Yeah, wedding planning is not as fun as I thought it was gonna be and sometimes its best not to invite "help," other times it is.

KST:  That's so funny.  I love to hear other girls' crazy stories, it makes me realize I'm not the only crazy one.  I would totally cry over not getting a hot dog if I had PMS and was hungry.  Plus, I can tell FI stories like this so he understands that I'm not crazy, we all are.  : )  He grew up with all brothers, he just doesn't get it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jennuinne - feel free to share with him :D What's even funnier is I don't even LIKE their hot dogs anymore since they changed the recipe last fall.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just picking a really old thread to see who is viewing posts by order of reply! Hehehe. I think for those who view by most recent post this will still be on page 9 (and thus not noticeable).
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i finally got it to work..as of 2 minutes ago. so yes, i see this :)
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I view posts by order of reply and I'm having a day where I could use a drink because of wedding stuff. ;p
    imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oi, Melissa, keeping us on our toes...

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha! We can totally have secret gossip talks now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards