African American Weddings
Options

Question for the married ladies

I just booked my photographer and I'm currently looking for a videographer and I'm trying to figure out how many hours I need them there.  I definitely want them there for the ceremony and the reception, but I think I want them there to record us getting ready which would add to the time and of course costs more.  So my question is, did any of you ladies have your getting ready period recorded and were happy you did?  Also, did any of you NOT have it recorded and wish you did?  Thanks ladies.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Question for the married ladies

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello:

I did not have my videographer there while I was getting ready.  I think that would have been just a little too much for my taste.  It was hard enough having the photographer in my room.  I guess I am just super private. 

But it would not be such a bad idea if you had your videographer come in while you were getting your finishing touches since you are considering it.

I had our videographer for the ceremony and the reception.  He video taped the reception ballroom and ceremony cite before the guests arrived.   It is a great idea to have a videographer because there are going to be parts of your wedding that you are not going to remember until you watch the video.  My photographer took so many pictures of me getting dressed.  I am sure he caught everything.

PS I have cried every time we look at the video.
  • Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    @kaila, I am still waiting on my video and I can't wait! I know I will look at it over and over.

I did not have the videographer watch me get ready, heck the photographer wasn't even there. My friends took pics of me getting ready and they are just as good as a regular photographer.

My videographer did my ceremony and reception. He asked for everyone to give well wishes to the bride and groom on the video too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ ladylum- the wishes on the video was such a great idea.  I am glad that our videographer did that!  Cheers to him!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks y'all!  I just didn't know if it would be something I would regret.  I think my photographer will be there while I'm getting ready so I guess I don't need both of them there.  

@khaligumbs, at first I wasn't going to have a videographer because I didn't think I would need one, but I find a lot of people are saying that they're glad they had one because they got to relive their day and see things that they didn't remember the day of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ chayb87- I think you should have a videographer.  There are some things needed at a wedding that is just priceless and a videographer in one of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_question-married-ladies-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:bad077e3-09dd-4d1f-9748-fdcc2a84e53bPost:312a3bc8-9f5b-42af-a202-600ec67ed134">Re: Question for the married ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello: I did not have my videographer there while I was getting ready.  I think that would have been just a little too much for my taste.  It was hard enough having the photographer in my room.  Posted by khaligumbs[/QUOTE]

I totally agree....no regrets. It would have been way too much. I am so happy we got a videographer for the ceremony and reception though.
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a videographer for the ceremony and the reception only, no getting ready time.  I haven't seen my video yet but I don't think I'll regret it.  Plus my photographer got plenty of photos during the getting ready process.  I'm really looking forward to watching the video so I can see all the things I missed.
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I only had my photographer during my "getting ready."  I don't regret it, though.  I think the video would be too much.  I needed a calming atmosphere without all the hoopla.  Remember you will be somewhat stresed.

Mrs. Natasha B. Williams May 28, 2010
    The Journey Began.....

N & B Engagement Photos
    imageFrom Vegas 2010
    imageFrom Las Vegas Wedding 2010 imageFrom Las Vegas Wedding 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    <div>Thanks for the advice y'all.  I'll book the videographer for the ceremony and reception only. </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_question-married-ladies-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:bad077e3-09dd-4d1f-9748-fdcc2a84e53bPost:48ca8e68-8125-49d3-8be7-f81eb4fa61e8">Re: Question for the married ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ chayb87- I think you should have a videographer.  There are some things needed at a wedding that is just priceless and a videographer in one of them.
    Posted by khaligumbs[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yea I have decided on getting one, now I just have to convince FI lol.
    <div>
    </div><div>

</div></div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We plan to have the videographer and photographer there while I get ready...I think it's important that they both capture natural moments of the day...they are both going to come at the end stages of my havng my make up on...

People say the day goes by so fast and I would like to look back at that day in it's entirety...we also have free reign about what we want and don't want in the video...so for me it's worth having the videographer there early...

I would like to see everything :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards