African American Weddings
Options

Invitation Question

I know according to The Knot and other etiquette sources, its considered tacky to include the gift registry cards with your invitation. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it, and I'm not having a wedding website or anything else to include this info. Just wondering how many of you ladies are including the gift registry cards in your invites?

Re: Invitation Question

• Options
    reddswifeyreddswifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am, but i've had alot of ppl asking where i was registered as well
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Are you having a bridal shower ? Most people put them in those invites. But if you feel ok with them in your invites. thats totally up to you. Sometimes I wonder who came up with all these rules anyway.

Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_invitation-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:bccd6ed7-e6a7-4780-8e88-a76da0cccaadPost:74eb99f6-f8f7-4971-9cf1-e21cb8731539">Invitation Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know according to The Knot and other etiquette sources, its considered tacky to include the gift registry cards with your invitation. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it, and I'm not having a wedding website or anything else to include this info. Just wondering how many of you ladies are including the gift registry cards in your invites?
    Posted by MrsDorris2be[/QUOTE]

I'm doing the same thing for pretty much the same reasons. I'm not having a shower, so putting the cards in a shower invitation really wouldn't work and I'm not making a wedding website because of the time factor, and I don't want my guests on my planning bio.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't but I have a website that has the information
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I did not put the registry cards in our invitations.  I know in some circles, it's fine, but I just didn't feel comfortable. I have included that information on our website and will spread where we our registered by word of mouth.
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    diddo with bbyckes. I have it on our website and the others will find out by word of mouth
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Double ditto to bbycakes.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards