African American Weddings
Options

tried on my first dress

I was just shopping and my friend said lets go into davids bridal.  I did not enjoy the selection but it was nice having a first hand experience with trying on dresses.  I was so shocked that wedding dresses were so HEAVY.

Re: tried on my first dress

• Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im not a fan of Davids either...

I did see a dress that I REALLY liked but have seen it on MANY other brides so I am glad that I did NOT get that dress.

I have not gone on another trip yet...
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    abarnabasabarnabas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    since i wasnt really looking for a dress that day i was not disappointed but i know that im so picky with dress shopping for a regular night out, i can only imagine i will have to set aside like three days just to shop.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah those dresses are deceivingly heavy.  I'm working part-time at a bridal shop and let me tell you, you seriously get a good arm workout carrying those dresses!

I think you'll have a better shopping experience at a boutique bridal shop that's more catered to the customer and will give you the bridal experience.  A large chain store like David's will be more about the dollar and not care so much about the customer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to a boutique bridal shop, like Kiya just suggested, and I found "THEE" gown on my first visit. I tried on about 7 dresses in all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    abarnabasabarnabas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i dont plan to do serious dress shoping until thanksgiving or christmas time.  i want my best friend to be there when i go shopping because she knows me best and at that time i have a few days off.
    i know when i go i will def. have my hair done and feeling stunning because when i happened to go there i had on a hat and my hair was to messed up to take the hat off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I spent countless hours on the internet looking at dresses but I only tried on 8 or 9 before I found the "ONE". Funny thing is that i didn't plan on buying my dress so soon but I found out about a bridal shop near my job. I decided to take a look during my lunch break. I tried the dress on and fell in love. Bought the dress on the spot. They had an amazing sale and my dress is valued a lot higher than what I paid.

Don't stress about dress shopping everything will fall into place.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

I had a fun time the first time I went trying on dresses.  I didn't know what I was looking for so it was fun when I actually figured out what looked good.

Davids Bridal isn't so bad, just don't go on a Saturday, like any other bridal place.  Boutiques are great too (where I got my dress)

Once you get it set in your mind what you are looking for it will be easier to find something.

Happy Shopping!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It took me a few months to find my dress. I will say that dress hunting was one of the high moments of the planning process. I had lots of fun. I only took my mom & cousin (MOH) with me each time. No one else!

I got my dress from Alfred Angelo & had a wonderful experience. I did try DB, but it was just too much going on for me. However, I liked their BM dresses & DB is very convenient if you have BMs living all over, which is what I did.

Have fun looking at & trying on different dresses. Ignore the pressure from others (salesperson, fam, etc.). You'll know when you find "the one". Good luck!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards