African American Weddings
Options

Merry Christmas and Happy 6 months to us Date sisters!!! 06.25.2011

Hello ladies and Merry Christmas to you all!!! Can you believe that we have made it to the 6 month mark!! WOO HOO!!! I am so excited and so nervous! I haven't done much lately wedding related, but hope to get back rolling after the first of the year.

Is there anything you wish to get done in Jan.?

I plan on getting all the information out to the Groomsmen and the other men in the wedding. Also, I hope to get the flower girl dresses order! Oh YES!!!
My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
Created by Wedding Favors
Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!

Re: Merry Christmas and Happy 6 months to us Date sisters!!! 06.25.2011

• Options
    cyndoncyndon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Merry Christmas everyone and happy 6 months date twins! I can't believe that we only have 6 months to go.  I haven't done to much wedding wise lately either. I plan on having a brunch/meeting for my bridesmaids and getting the information out to the groomsmen for their tuxes and start looking for my mother's dress.  I am going to attempt to DIY our broom  and talk to my bridal party about ordering their dresses.  I am really getting excited!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    brittanyl8605brittanyl8605 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Happy 6 months date twins. I've got my BM's ordering their dresses by Jan 31st and I'm going to get started on my DIY projects. Merry Christmas!
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Date Twins!!!!  Merry Christmas and Happy 6 Month Mark!  I can't believe we are getting SO close.  It's unbelievable.  I am so excited to be marrying my FI.  We were just telling each other last night how happy we are to be getting married soon.  :) 

Soooooo, in January I plan to:

- take 2nd set of engagement pics (getting them free!)
    - take boudoir pics (also free - ladies, check Craigs List for up and coming photogs!)
    - get invitation envelopes back from calligraphy artist
    - send out invitations
    - update wedding web site to include RSVP page
    - send out list of friends' email addresses to my MOH b/c she wants to plan a "girls night out" two nights before the wedding
    - try on my wedding dress again to see if it needs to  be altered
    - continue building up my stash of lingerie for the honeymoon ;)
    - make sure FI finishes play/do-not-play list for the DJ
    - contact our florist to meet and finalize choices
    - contact lighting vendor to meet at our venue and finalize colors/patterns
    - start monthly facials/massages
    - make sure FI follows up with groomsmen so they get their tux measurements done and submitted to our tux store

Whew, that's a lot - but I want to make sure we stay on track!! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    brittanyl8605brittanyl8605 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Cincy! What RSVP date are you giving your guests? I feel behind I'm just now sending out save the dates!
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_merry-christmas-happy-6-months-date-sisters-06252011?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:be0fa1e6-1d5f-4e08-a71e-ea699aa1f237Post:8a7c12d3-bde5-4f2d-ab59-42b4e128c6a9">Re: Merry Christmas and Happy 6 months to us Date sisters!!! 06.25.2011</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Cincy! What RSVP date are you giving your guests? I feel behind I'm just now sending out save the dates!
    Posted by brittanyl8605[/QUOTE]

We are giving them until March 1st.  Then if we have to send out a second wave of invites, we will give the new recipients until April 1st.  Don't feel behind, we started early b/c about 90% of our guests are from out of town.  We just wanted to give people more than enough time to make their travel plans and plus we aren't having kids at our reception, so they'll need to make plans for their kids as well.  Have you posted a pic of your STD yet?  If not, please post! :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not a date twin but I am a 6/11/2011 bride so count me in to the madness. CONGRATULATIONS LADIES!!! Okay so write now my main headache that I wish to get rid of is sending out my save the dates. Which will be done this weekend.

My bridal party and I are putting together a dance routine for the reception so that is my next biggest headache.

Now all I have to do is lock down my centerpieces and I am pretty much out of headache land.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards