African American Weddings
Options

**singing** I GOT WORK TO DO

Ladies,

How often do you talk to, harass, ask questions to, run ideas by your FI in reference to the wedding plans? I feel like my whole being now is about this wedding and reception, money, etc... I don't want to feel like I am burdening him with a bunch of wedding stuff but at the same time this takes alot of preparation, especially because our wedding is in Vegas. If i have to reseach, google and do all this work so does he.  He hasn't said i am killing him but for some odd reason I feel like that. Is this just me????

Or do I need to add one of these to my mouth and do the work myself Sealed.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: **singing** I GOT WORK TO DO

• Options
    edited December 2011

Alot of it is just picking and choosing.  I know when we got engaged my FI let me get a planner ASAP but there are still things that we are doing and he is excited about it.  We kinda made games out of some stuff.  Even though we aren't getting married till next year we have started looking for a song for our first dance and he came up with a list and so did I and that's how we are making a choice.  Give him stuff that you think he will have fun with.  Maybe finding the DJ if you are using on or coming up with the play list of music his job.  Since we have still have 13 months till our wedding we usually only talk about wedding stuff once a week or every other week right now.  Or just narrow the choices down to say 3 before you go to him.  Don't feel like your killing him you are trying to make sure he is involved in what is going on so that your wedding is about both of you.  If he hasn't said anything I'm sure he doesn't mind.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah a planner is good. I have a notebook I am using but because my fiance and I live in two separate states. I dont' want our conversations to be all about the dag on wedding. We did the wedding lists together too so that part worked out well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I run everything by my fiance, because this is just as much as his day as it is mine. I do ask him every now and then am I focusing on the wedding too much, just to make sure I am not burdening him with wedding stuff all the time. He said he knew it would be a lot of work because he proposed in April and the Wedding is in October so we did not have a lot of planning time. I do try to keep wedding conversation to a minimum especially since we don't live together and we both work and live 45 minutes away from each other so when we get together I don't want a lot of time spent on wedding talk.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Song of Solomon 4:10
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Its fine to want him to help with planning. And of course there are decisions that you guys should and will make together. But dont go over it all day. I know that there is alot to be done. But try to take a day where, you may do some wedding stuff on your own, but not involve or talk to him about it. Hell some days you may need a break yourself, just for your sanity. lol Unfortunately even though they are happy to be marrying us, they arent as into the details as we are.

Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I include FI in everything re: wedding details.  But I have to admit, he has become a bit of a groomzilla!  LOL  We actually have meetings on Saturday mornings to discuss the budget and he talks details with me afterward.  He is also willing to discuss details on a whim.  Our agreement since planning started is to not discuss or do wedding stuff on Sundays...so much for that, invitations were assembled the past Sunday... I in the dining room with my youngest sister and MOH, and he on the couch.  LOL  He did approve the finished product! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay I like that strategy as well. No work on Sunday sounds good to me. I like that meeting on Saturday morning to look at budget numbers. Tha's actually a really good idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards