African American Weddings
Options

My Dress Is Here!!

So I am super excited that my dress is here. I made an appointment to try it on/pick it up on Dec. 23rd. I don't have to worry about the fit because I tried on a size 4 at the store and it fit perfectly. The dress I tried on was beige so I am so ready to see it in white. Finding that dress and seeing my mom tear up was when it hit me that I was getting married. I can not wait until July 9th it can not come fast enough.

The only concern I have is the length of time I have to keep my dress. It is about 6 1/2 months away. Should I hang it up in the closet or lay it flat somewhere? Any tips on how to keep my dress so fresh and so clean (lol).
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My Dress Is Here!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY!!! Congrats on getting your dress in!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Smile
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    bmoton82bmoton82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats! I picked up my dress this past Sunday and I don't get married til September so I can feel you on wanting the wedding day to get here.  You WILL experience this time around, only stronger because this is actual your dress...ALL YOURS!!! Mine came from Davids Bridal and I know I want a bustle altered to my dress and the consultant told me when I'm ready for those alterations; they will clean it and press it over again after they alter it free of charge. So check with where you purchase, they may be able to tell you best ways to perserve it!
    Congrats again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats! send us a picture! so we can oooooo and ahhhh :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    7venAfricano7venAfricano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the dress, that must be so exciting to actually have your gown in your possession.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_dress-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c362a95d-cdff-4f81-a892-891c7ddcca14Post:69c13d12-b86f-43d6-b093-d908abc2fb98">Re: My Dress Is Here!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]congrats! <strong>I picked up my dress this past Sunday and I don't get married til September </strong>so I can feel you on wanting the wedding day to get here.  You WILL experience this time around, only stronger because this is actual your dress...ALL YOURS!!! Mine came from Davids Bridal and I know I want a bustle altered to my dress and the consultant told me when I'm ready for those alterations; they will clean it and press it over again after they alter it free of charge. So check with where you purchase, they may be able to tell you best ways to perserve it! Congrats again!
    Posted by bmoton82[/QUOTE]

ugh...I feel SO behind. I am a September bride also and I haven't even gone dress shopping.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've had my dress since May and I just kept it in the dress bag...
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will definitely put up some pics.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards