African American Weddings
Options

Ask rodeo417 Anything

Sorry I am a day late but here ya go!!!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Ask rodeo417 Anything

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah!!! bring it ladies!!! i got my game face on :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you know when FI was going to propose?

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What has been the most challenging part of planning?

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Has wedding planning brought out a new side of you or FI?

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow those are good questions. I knew when David was goings to propose when one of my rings dissapeared and suddenly reappeared. He was having it sized to figure out my ring size.

This whole process has been a pain,joy and headache at the same time. I have learned that we need to do what we can afford and like. Too many chiefs and no indians is a bad ideal.

We also learned that we can not make everyone happy so just worry about our happiness.

I learned that its ok to not to be in control of everything. That its ok for David to take control and lead the way.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since you've started the planning have you learned/noticed some new things about David that you didnt know/realize before?
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_ask-rodeo417-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:c43651f8-085f-4c0d-a31a-68bf739df152Post:6265b2dd-1422-45ec-a182-b1eed64413f3">Re: Ask rodeo417 Anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since you've started the planning have you learned/noticed some new things about David that you didnt know/realize before?
    Posted by sadou02[/QUOTE]
     Sure did. David has shown me that he is truely about us and not what everyone else thinks. He doesn't care if we plan the wedding that our parents object to. Heck he said  that they dont have to come if they dont like it.
    I know that we have each others back 1000% Maury ;)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    in what ways are yall alike and different?  are those the differences that attracted you to him?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are both quiet in new groups but once I get use to them (after like 20 minutes) I am gonna make someone laugh. David stays quiet.

I am on a constant schedule and dont like making changes to it. David is carefree and goes with the wind. He makes me remember the small things to enjoy in life.

yeppers its the little and big differences that we have that make me love him and cherish him more each day. At this rate my heart is gonna burst again :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you all already have kids or want kids?  If you want kids, how many?  When do you plan to start?  :) 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your favorite part of your wedding that you've put in place?  (For example, your DJ, your cake, your venue, etc.)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Neither one of us has children and we both decided that we'll let G_d decide if he is gonna bless us with any. If he doesn't then we are already blessed by our union. Both of us helped raise our younger sibling/help with the house bills so its no biggie to us.

The part I enjoyed the most is shopping for my ladies dresses. They are a bunch of wild ladies that I love dearly.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards