African American Weddings
Options

Wedding Dress Undergarments

When I first tried on my dress at DB they made me put on the long slip and the full bra with my dress. It was very uncomfortable because I have a trumpet style dress and it's very fitted. I decided that I wasn't going to buy the wedding dress undergarments but now I'm wondering if I need to buy them. Is it necessary? Are any of you ladies buying the slip and bra for your wedding dress or are you going without them

?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Dress Undergarments

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am buying the undergarments because it does make a difference in the way it looks. But i am just getting the slip since i am having the cups sewn in.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting the first picture, but I'm not sure where I'm going to get it from since DB's are $75 which seems a bit much to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bought a strapless bra and underwear - no slip or corset.  The top of my dress is very fitted and structured, so I didn't need anything else to hold me in.   The bottom of my dress is very full with lots of tulle layers, so there was no need for anything special on the bottom.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a trumpet style dress from DB and I just bought the slip. I used my regular strapless bra.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine is so thick I don't need a slip (yeah!!)
    Corsett is built into dress,
    So I just brought flesh tone undies.

I have seen alot of people suggest having cups sewn into dress on other boards.  If dress is fitted well, I think this would be great!!

I hate having to put on extra stuff, so I always opt for less :-D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm wearing a DB slip and long line bra I ordered through JC penny's. I was against the slip originally, I absolutely hate slips. Once I tried the dress on with and without the slip I saw the difference the slip made in the flair of the dress. My bra is a long line black lace

My slip

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I am buying the slip and the corset bra... My dress is a trumpet and I think I want it to flare out more than it does naturally. I might have them add something extra down there to give it the effect that I want.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i didn't have to buy anything.  i used what i had.  my outfit was white brocade and was already lined so i didn't have to worry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought a strapless bra from Sears, and the petticoat from AA.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    IM WEARING SPANX AT THE BOTTOM & MY BRA CUPS ARE SEWN INTO MY GOWN
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards