African American Weddings
Options

And so it begins...Really??

So FIs dad called him last night and they were chatting and FI told him the the wedding was Sept 2, 2012. Well his dad went on to say why? thats Hurricane season why dont yall push it up a week. Umm dude I do understand that you are in St. Thomas and yall have it rough during this season but dont tell us to move our wedding date. FI pick this date and he knew what was up so....and FI said that he wasnt gona change the date. I gave him the option. He said WE are paying for this wedding or everybody to come eat for FREE lol, WE will be doing what WE want. I was like Go head boy! lol.

But why do ppl really think they have a say in what YOU do? smh...oh well Let us pray. lol
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: And so it begins...Really??

• Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Good for your FI for sticking up to his dad! I hope he's prepared to tell a few other ppl the same thing because someone always wants to offer their opinions

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your FI did a great job in handling that situation.  We haven't gotten a lot of people telling us what to do, but they "question" things and that is kind of the same thing, I guess.  But we learned early on to let all the opinions roll off our shoulders, b/c this day is about us and really as long as our friends/family are there, we will have a blast no matter what. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kitty, I completely understand, lol. I was like WTH when I first had one of those conversations. FI's mom told him "yawl don't need to be having a "big" wedding". Really? WOW! He pretty much gave the same reaction as your FI. Lately I brush it off and keep it moving! Opinions are just that opinions and errrbody has one, lol. The only ones that matter and yours and your FI's!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK ... so I am confused..  If you move the wedding up a week, wont it still be hurricane season? For those who dont know, hurricane season starts June 1st and ends in October.   I am glad he stood his ground.  Do what ya'll want.  Some one will complain about what ever date you pick, too hot, too cold, too close to a holiday, too far from a holiday, it's their great aunt's 3rd husband's birthday...what EVER!!!!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_beginsreally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:c979382d-e766-4f2c-b92d-035f768810cfPost:ded5e2f4-cba5-4d11-8290-297c44836cc6">Re: And so it begins...Really??</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK ... so I am confused..  <strong>If you move the wedding up a week, wont it still be hurricane season? For those who dont know, hurricane season starts June 1st and ends in October.</strong>   I am glad he stood his ground.  Do what ya'll want.  Some one will complain about what ever date you pick, too hot, too cold, too close to a holiday, too far from a holiday, it's their great aunt's 3rd husband's birthday...what EVER!!!!
    Posted by lisa4766[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!!! I said the same thing..lol..im just like Oh well, whatever, the show WILL GO ON.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol @ "great aunt's 3rd husband's bday". So true ,people always got an opinion. And it's usually people that aren't putting forth money. My fmil were insisting that we have a "small " wedding for the longest. She was trying to tell us who we needed to invite. I wanted to tell her "whoa, good thing this is your wedding. Lady I got 10 aunts and uncles and a ridiculous amount of cousins and friends. As long as my mom is paying for most of this wedding, I'll invite who I want. " But, u learn to pick your battles, that's for sure. At this point, I smile and nod. Then turn around and do what I want. Lol
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards