African American Weddings

Groomsmen Gifts?

What are you and FI giving your groomsmen?  I am giving my girls their earrings and a shawl to wear on that day plus some individual items based on what they  like. FI doesn't like the idea of giving them all different things.  What did you do?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Groomsmen Gifts?

• All of our groomsmen are Marines, so we're giving them pocket knives with their initals engraved in it and flask.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio - Update 6/8/2012 LilySlim Weight loss tickers

110 Ready to have a Good Time image Final Head Count

• Cufflinks. FI had me cracking up when I told him that it is customary to give gifts. He was in each of their weddings and they didn't give gifts. He said they better be happy I'm forcing him to give them something. Ha! - Men I swear....
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_groomsmen-gifts-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:cbc5486b-c226-4584-b6f8-cec4f453c583Post:adb96dc6-9ec9-4936-8ccc-a061775843d5">Re: Groomsmen Gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cufflinks. FI had me cracking up when I told him that it is customary to give gifts. He was in each of their weddings and they didn't give gifts. He said they better be happy I'm forcing him to give them something. Ha! - Men I swear....
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]

My FI said the same thing, he said the guys don't want gifts so i'm like whatever.

• I am giving our bridesmaids bracelets w/ their initals engraved on them in a jewerly box and our groomsmen will be given dual flasks that have a cigar side. They will be engraved also and already have a cigar in them with scotch for a special toast we are doing for FI's great grandmother.All gifts I found in the wedding store on the Knot.
    Once in awhile,right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • My FI said he wasn't giving his groomsmen anything either...lol  He was in each of their weddings, including his brother's, and none of them gave gifts.  Well his brother paid for my FI's tux for their wedding, but that was about it.  So I'm not going to sweat it either..lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • FI is giving his guys engraved cufflinks and flasks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • FI is giving them engraved pocketwatches...but he might like the engraved pocket knife instead! LOL. Thanks for the idea.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards