African American Weddings

Re: need a kick ass

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Jay-z's Show me what you got. The horns at the beginning of that song sounded crazy hot, while we were being introduced in. The whole reception had a ball and joined in. It was high energy and a blast.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thinking about using B.O.B.'s "Nuthin' on You" but the other day I heard a song and said I would consider using it...only problem is I can't remember what it was! Ugh...hate when that happens.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used the intro to Method Man & Mary J's "You're All I Need". Soooo hoooott!!! We just had Mary's intro and then he dropped the beat (minus Method - the preacher was in attendance!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_need-kick-ass?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:cca52266-07da-4366-a6e5-59c7fb803d36Post:91136f4e-4057-4177-8deb-b4da0e8b9939">Re: need a kick ass</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thinking about using B.O.B.'s "Nuthin' on You" but the other day I heard a song and said I would consider using it...only problem is I can't remember what it was! Ugh...hate when that happens.
    Posted by eagles347[/QUOTE]

This is what we're using. I love that song!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    This sounds kind of old now but we used "This Is Why I'm Hot"-The Reggae Remix).  The wedding party entered followed by us (Bride & Groom) to one song while the DJ announced each couple. 
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are still thinking  of one :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Bootsie Collins "Id rather be with you"> It was so unexpected and everyone keeps talking about it. We had on gold Bootsie Collins glasses on and my husband had our Rock Band Guitar on. It was hit. Pick something that will set the tone for the rest of your reception
  • Options
    ledmond79ledmond79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

@kita8242, I like the Bootsie Collins song. It is nice, it is funny too, because no one would expect it. Good idea

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards