African American Weddings
Options

Gray brides, fashionistas, or anyone with an opinion...

FI and I are discussing what our guys will wear. We agree on gray tuxedos. It will probably be the one below.

I really like the gray tux with the gray vest and tie. He wants to add color. I am fine with just adding color with the bout...he wants a colored vest and tie for them. Our colors are navy and green...I don't want to hurt his feelings, but I don't think the colored vests in either of our colors will look as classy as the gray-on-gray. His grandmother agrees. What do you ladies think? You know I have to run every idea by you all to make sure I'm not tripping. I usually really trust my FI when it comes to dressing up so I originally told him to do whatever he likes with the guys' attire, but I can see myself being really unhappy with the colored vests. Help!
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Gray brides, fashionistas, or anyone with an opinion...

• Options
    adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, when I tried the "build a tuxedo" on the Men's Warehouse website, this is what I came up with. I am a bigger fan of the gray tux with navy vest (with a green-plantish boutonniere...if that makes sense), than I am of the gray tux with green vest.

vs. 

Edit: When my husband was choosing his tux, I wanted a white vest and white tie. He added a fuchsia tie (which at first I hated). Looking back, I am so glad that he did because it was the perfect punch of color. Sometimes we just have to trust them and give in on the little things.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    add the navy to give it a pop...
    Anniversary
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PP.  I think a good option would be to have the navy tie & pocket square but a gray vest and gray suit. This way the main elements are still gray but with a pop of color in the tie & pocket square.
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i want gray tux but FI is against it. I would def add color to the gray.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes I agree with the tie and pocket square as a spot for color. With the colored vest you start to teeter into prom attire...
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with everyone else - love the gray tux, gray vest and navy tie.  Very chic!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards