African American Weddings

BM Dress Help

Ok I am struggling with dresses for my bridemsaids...well mainly my sister...My sister pictured here is worried about her body type for all the dresses I have chosen. Ok the difference in her body and my body has always kinda been a sore spot for us..she has breasts I barely fit a b cup...she has hips yeah me not so much and she hates her midsection..but what woman doesn't besides a bodybuilder...sooo below are two dress that I have chosen that she likes the first one but is worried about her hips in it...the second one I just found and she hasn't replied yet...what do you all think? I want my sister to be the happiest and most comfortable out of everyone....HELP!

Dress #1

Dress #2

Which dress do you all like? Which dress do you all think would be best for my sister's body type? Thanks for your help!!

Re: BM Dress Help

• the last green dress.  roushing (im sure thats spelled wrong) in the right places.  The waste will pull her in and show off some sexxy legs
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bm-dress-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:cdf9d7d1-15c3-4de6-a3c0-d66f7fe59fefPost:db4454d9-7d7d-4a74-a962-6ac1b426ea1f">Re: BM Dress Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]the last green dress.  roushing (im sure thats spelled wrong) in the right places.  The waste will pull her in and show off some sexxy legs
    Posted by RealHappyGal[/QUOTE]

that's what I was gonna say, I don't see how #2 coudn't be flattering.   holds the top in place and looks like it has a tie/bow to get a hold of that middle.  I actually thought the blue dress where your sister is pictured was your choice and I was like hang on, she don't like herself in THIS here outfit?  lol.  I like all of em really, but #2 is meant to flatter.
  • I agree with PP # 3 should be the one ...but she looks really good in the blue one too..
  • Dress #1 I think will flatter her
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think she looks great! and i would kill for her body. but if she's that self concious then #3. the rouching will take care of her midsection. But as a plus sized person, "wrap" type dresses ALWAYS make our bodies look 1000x better. Seriously, it's like the wonder dress.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I would say the red/green dress..I agree with other pp..she looks great..I love that blue dress on her !
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Ok thanks...

@ReallyHappyGal I like the second dress as well (the green and red). The dress that she has on in the picture we actually tried to find it in ivory but can't...she is hunting for that one like crazy because she already knows what she looks like in it

@sultryzulu yeah she loves that blue dress she has on....I am hoping she finds a place that has that dress...but if not dress #2 would be a better route!

@thedivav do you mean the blue dress or the ivory dress?

@footballwife77...I dont think that she is really self conscious...I think she dresses great but she worries about making sure everything on her body looks right and I dont blame her. We will just have to try the dress on and see....

She has texted me now and says that she hates the off the shoulder dress...oh well...looks like we are shooting for dress number 2!
  • Thanks!! If I could have that blue dress in Ivory all of our issues would be solved!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bm-dress-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:cdf9d7d1-15c3-4de6-a3c0-d66f7fe59fefPost:a1b9f58b-0159-4093-ab2d-7022f88b8ad1">Re:BM Dress Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would say the red/green dress..I agree with other pp..she looks great..I love that blue dress on her !
    Posted by msbdumas[/QUOTE]
  • The ivory off the shoulder dress I think they would all look great on her but is she wants to feel a bit more covered #1 I would kill for her shape
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh ok...she hated that dress and I love it! But oh well back to the drawing board. Or sticking with the strapless dress....

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bm-dress-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:cdf9d7d1-15c3-4de6-a3c0-d66f7fe59fefPost:9a97a350-f195-4174-8608-cc9ff9a5cbb3">Re: BM Dress Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]The ivory off the shoulder dress I think they would all look great on her but is she wants to feel a bit more covered #1 I would kill for her shape
    Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Man I loved the first one
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • I also like the first one...
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • I like dress number 3 for her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bm-dress-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:cdf9d7d1-15c3-4de6-a3c0-d66f7fe59fefPost:01ec5a9f-b6bb-4acf-9ffa-498f4d5cf962">Re: BM Dress Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh ok...she hated that dress and I love it! But oh well back to the drawing board. Or sticking with the strapless dress.... In Response to Re: BM Dress Help :
    Posted by CaseynMike[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>did she even try it on? </div><div>
    </div><div>see this is what i a dreading with the bridal party.....lol 

</div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards