Washington-Seattle
Options

Advice on weddings in national forest/park

Does anyone know about having a wedding, and potentially a reception, in a WA state park or national forest on the Westside of the state? The parks website only lists like 5 places to hold a wedding/reception and not all of them are particularly appealing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Re: Advice on weddings in national forest/park

• Options
    sashajmsashajm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked into doing this as well but decided to go east of the mountains (mostly because we found a lodge there where most of our friends can stay with us).  Only our ceremony will be in a park - the reception will be at a grange. 

For state parks, go to the state park page and then start looking at parks based on their location.  The activities/events segment of each park will list the facilities.  There's quite a few parks with picnic facilities that have electricity. 

It depends on how "rustic" you want the wedding.  My mother found a huge national forest cabin that she thought would be nice to have the wedding at (she is NOT a wedding person) but it didn't have running water.  I would also look at county parks if you really want it at a park - those are sometimes the nicest parks. 

Hope this helps a little. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As you've discovered there really are only so many facilities the national and state government run.  There are different levels of government that handle parks within their area.  For example, there is the King County Park Facilities which has more options then when you get down to city level, it's even more.  For example: Seattle Parks Wedding Sites and City of Everett Facilities and etc.  HTH!
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MrsH8172010MrsH8172010 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Lake Quinault is beautiful IMO!! I don't know if you checked that out (or if it is on the western side of washington?? haha) But we were almost going to have it there because we wanted our ceremony to have a view of the water but be on a nice grassy pretty lawn. So they have a perfect ceremony place for what I wanted but I didn't look at the indoor reception area.

In the end we wanted somewhere closer and they also said on their website that they didn't allow weekday weddings in the summer which I didn't really get??? But you might want to check it out...
  • Options
    aruthearuthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are good starting places! I have this silly hope of the Olympic National Park. I keep thinking how good it is we're still planning and have a flexible date. :)
  • Options
    aruthearuthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I do live on Eastern WA right now, but for whatever reason have not looked here yet. Actually, now I'm curious, what place did you find on the East side Sashajm?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards