African American Weddings

Appointment Updates...kinda long.

Last night was very productive for me...so here's the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Good
The DJ that chayb87 recommended to me seems to be a perfect fit for my wedding so we have checked that off the list. He was very detail-oriented which I appreciate greatly and he has wonderful ideas. He is throwing in some extras for me at a great price because he says that on any budget, presentation is key. That means that FI and I will get the three screens we need for our venue at the price of the package that has two. He suggested some great songs, gave tips on how to order parts of the reception, and even won my planner over, which is not easy. I'm pleased and excited because my reception will be the "party" that FI and I have envisioned...after my mama's plated dinner is served, of course...lol.

Bad
The videographer that I met with was not up to par for me. Her work was not impressive by any means. She uses standard video, not HD...that I could actually live with as long as the video was still well done. Her demo was even terrible. I can't even explain how disappointed I was. That meeting was short and sweet. I showed her Kaila's video clip to give her an idea of the style that I like and she tried to explain to me that what I really needed was a two-three hour long production. Maybe I will get a regular video, but are you really talking me out of a highlight video as well when I told you that's what led me to want a videographer anyway? Ugh...no deal!

Ugly
The videographer's packages range from $999-2199...lol. Y'all I promise I rolled my eyes at her cause it is no exaggeration when I say that my dad has shot better wedding videos than the ones she showed me.
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Appointment Updates...kinda long.

• edited December 2011
    Wow...if I had been able to make it yesterday me and you both probably would have been looking at her like she was crazy! lol! Glad you already had a backup videographer in mind!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011
    Girl yes...I almost went Ocho Cinco on her..."CHILD PLEASE!" LOL...just sent you a text too. Hit me back when you get a chance.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the DJ and to hell with that videographer! 

I have to do an update of my appts, but I don't feel like it... so be on the look out!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow on that videographer!!!  Congrats on your DJ though!!!
    October AAW Signature Challenge: Where FI and I Met (Jukehouse KCMO) Photobucket Visit Purple.weddings.com http://duaneandlaquita2011.weebly.com
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the DJ, boo to the videographer! That chick needs to get it together!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! I'm glad you liked the dj.  Too bad about the videographer though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @ Tyboyd - I feel you girl...take your time, but not too much time.

@ passionate - Thanks!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_appointment-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d4327ed1-d22c-4cbb-976d-6df44aeb1478Post:458a7a3e-f033-45a1-a839-d62507dd48df">Re: Appointment Updates...kinda long.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay! I'm glad you liked the dj.  Too bad about the videographer though.
    Posted by chayb87[/QUOTE]

Ditto!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow just wow on the videographer !! Some one needs to tell her that she sucks. Maybe she doesnt know. lol

Congrats on the dj !
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_appointment-updates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:d4327ed1-d22c-4cbb-976d-6df44aeb1478Post:bd10bca7-33cd-411d-805a-2778481b28d5">Re: Appointment Updates...kinda long.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow just wow on the videographer !! Some one needs to tell her that she sucks. Maybe she doesnt know. lol Congrats on the dj !
    Posted by KSTURGIS[/QUOTE]

I really don't think she knows, Kia.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards