African American Weddings
Options

I'm a Mrs. and I have some non-pro pics

We made it through and it was wonderful! 

All day I was very calm and relaxed, which helped to make my bridal party calm and relaxed, which made the day calm and relaxed and all-around fun. My day started early (6:30) when my mom and I ran to the super market to get breakfast for my ladies and then to get our hair done. But despite the early rising, I wasn't tired until we sat in the limo on our way home.

When I got back to the hotel after having my hair done, the girls were in mid-hairdo and mid-makeup and it was so nice to just sit in the room chilling and talking. FI had dropped off all of the wedding items at our venue that morning for set-up with my brothers, and then went over to his BM's house to watch the World Cup game and relax with his boys. We texted throughout the day, which helped to build the anticipation a little more.

We did do a "first look" and I must say, I definitely recommend it. It was nice to have that quiet time with my FI and we ended up getting some good shots too.

It was a hot day (I think it peaked out at 93 degrees), but luckily the venue had plenty of shade. Our guests were so gracious and put up with the heat. Unfortunately, one of my bridesmaids passed out during the ceremony, but she recovered and was able to walk back up the aisle after we were married. 

In retrospect, I am really grateful for my photographer. He did a great job in giving us more picture ideas and keeping us moving. He also helped a lot with little things, which was really unexpected.

In the end, everything turned out beautifully. The ceremony setting was beautiful, the reception space was beautiful, and I couldn't ask for a better evening spent with friends and family. 

Thanks to all you knotties for your support and ideas. It's been a great 18 months. I wish you all the best and will definitely stick around for more fun!

The "King's Table" without the bouquets in the center

The table settings and low centerpieces

Our cake table

A first look shot 

Cutting the cake

Large wedding parties are do-able. These are the groomsmen.

Re: I'm a Mrs. and I have some non-pro pics

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards