African American Weddings

God Showed Me Favor

Well, as many of you know I had written a post prior to my wedding regarding my second gown that was defective and the store owne refused to give my money back.  I had spoken with the second owner and she said to pray about it.  She said she only handlled the flowers and to do what God leads me to do. She further stated that many of the brides leave unhappy and she spoke with her partner about that. 

Needless to say, I filed a claim against the boutique today and they ruled in my favor.  Not only for me but for my bridesmaids as she order their dresses too big and the wrong color.  They allowed us to keep the gowns even though she went in and told lie after lie. 

Liars never win!  She was given several opportunities to fix this situation but she didn't and given we live in a small town and she has little to no competition she does people any kind of way.

Just wanted to share my blessing with everyone and I give praise to Almighty.

Re: God Showed Me Favor

• sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Praise the Lord I am sure that was awful for you and I am so glad that everything worked out in your favor. HE is almighty and worthy to be praised :)

Congrats!
  • luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is great news! Prayer is the way:)
  • prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so glad things worked in your favor I remember you talking about this lady she was a minister or something. Glad things turned out well for you!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

I remember this story.  PRAISE GOD AND I'M HAPPY YOU WON YOUR CASE!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    All I can say is PRAYERS GO UP AND BLESSINGS DO COME DOWN!  Congratulations lady for listening to your heart and doing what was right.  This is an awesome testimony but I truly hate this boutique gave you such drama for your wedding.  But it all worked out because you walked with God's guidance on the matter!  Wink
  • edited December 2011

@ prncsz- yes she is a minister and although I was warned by someone about her, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt..................

@PB-Bride 2010-it was very upsetting to have to do this but if I didn't get one penny I wanted people to be aware of what type of business she has.....

@Afl- girl I was so hot and tired from sweating and couldn't change my dress......never planned to wear my wedding gown all night.

The kicker is I went in the mall today; to join the gym and each time I passed her boutique she and her store manager busted out laughing uncontrollably.  I said to myself, I don't owe you, you owe me.........now that is funny but on the real tip to be a minister, her actions were very childish and I am sure not pleasing to God.....but everyone who claims to be a minister is not................i'm just saying.......but I am not judging either.

Thanks ladies for the kind comments.

• edited December 2011
    Praise God! I'm so happy things worked in your favor!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • mjjlaw2001mjjlaw2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is awesome!!!  Congratulations!
  • edited December 2011

This is so great to hear!!!! Very happy things turned out good!

My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards