African American Weddings

What are your thoughts on girls

as ring bearers?

background story/rambling on the blog...

Re: What are your thoughts on girls

• edited December 2011
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say go for it! I'm a bit of a non conformist so I'm all about breaking the rules.
  • essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Very different and unique.That's a great idea. I never thought of that.That would be so original so I would say go for it if it's something you are thinking about.

I think that would be a nice way of making your wedding day more personal and different from everybody's.
  • OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    totally fine there i no law that ringbearers must be boys. you should have whomever you want in your wedding party
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.
  • edited December 2011
    Totally fine IMO!
  • gatineaubridegatineaubride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    salut Pasmita!
    I don't see anything wrong with having a girl as a ringbearer. Actually, I saw on your FSIL in Canada  wedding pictures that her flower girl was also her ringbearer and I thought it was cute and different. There is no rule about that (gender, age; etc) Some people even have an adult as a ring bearer. The most important criteria according to me is having someone that is important to you.  If you want to have peace with the family in law, go for it. I have another suggestion for you, if you really don't want her. I have to say it in French though. Elle peut tenir la traine de ta robe un peu comme au pays avant quand les filles tiennent en arriere la robe de la mariee. Penses-tu que c"est mieux?????? Je ne pense!!!!!!!!! C'est depasse! Tu ne veux pas la belle famille sur ton dos. What are you going to do with the nephew? I am not sure having him read  is a good idea if you are not sure about his reading abilities. Good luck with all of that. By the way, I responded to your private message.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies. I gave FI a hard time but I don't really have a problem with the idea. I was just overwhelmed and being difficult. 

But it is true I am annoyed of the change since we decided on the BP a year ago and I really don't want to deal with the girl's mother.... The wedding is in less than 3 months and I have to figure out the dress and logistics for this little person.

Gatineau- I just saw the PM and will repsond to it later. For some reason I can't respond to PM on my work computer (it shuts down all my explorers windows)
  • edited December 2011
    I say go for it !
    Most people wont notice anyway until they read the program.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards