African American Weddings
Options

This Has Been The Day From Hell

On top of my usual bullshpit at work, I have had an awful day.  The ties that I ordered for the groomsmen were the wrong color.  I went to pick up my dress today because I had a bustle put in the back, and I hate the way the bustle was done.  I don't know much about the process and how it's done, but I worried that the bustle would in some way alter the way the dress is made, and I was right.  The feature that I like most about my dress is the fact that it has buttons going all the way down the back of the dress.  Well, now it has buttons on either side of the dress in the center towards the bottom of the dress where it would hook up for the bustle during the reception.  I just assumed that there would be some way to conceal that for the ceremony, but the woman that put the bustle in said that it could not be done.  I was thinking maybe the buttons could be placed underneath or behind, something.  IDK, maybe I'm being an obsessive bridezilla.  Maybe no one else will notice it.  Did any of you ladies get a bustle put in your dress?  How does it look?  Did it mess up the look of your dress? 

Re: This Has Been The Day From Hell

• Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know what, let me show y'all pics of the dress so you can see what I'm talking about:
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/a081mx.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/257prwg.jpg[/IMG]

Do you think there is a way to conceal the buttons?  I was thinking she could put the buttons underneath and bustle it that way, but again, I don't know how the whole bustling thing work.  In fact, I don't even understand how it's supposed to bustle up for the reception.  I have to schedule another appointment so that she can show me.
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the two buttons on the side? I think it would have been better if she had put the buttons on the bottom of the dress, and put the loopy thingys at the top that way they wouldnt stand out so much. I think it looks fine though. the buttons match. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks Desi.  Yeah, that would be cool too.  It's a french bustle, so I guess it can't be done like that?  I don't know.  I like the way it looks when it's bustled up though.  I think I'm going to call her back and see if there is anyway she can conceal the buttons.  But then I think most of the time it's going to be bustled up anyways so mabye I'm just obsessing.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There are three different types of ways to bustle a gown.  The most basic way is underneath.  The buttons are attached underneath the gown.  Then you fold the dress under the button the train to the buttons.  Here is a "How To" Video I found on the web.  Maybe you can get her to remove them and reapply them underneath.

Hope this helps,

Natasha

Mrs. Natasha B. Williams May 28, 2010
    The Journey Began.....

N & B Engagement Photos
    imageFrom Vegas 2010
    imageFrom Las Vegas Wedding 2010 imageFrom Las Vegas Wedding 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, here is the link: http://bit.ly/9S6hH5
    Mrs. Natasha B. Williams May 28, 2010
    The Journey Began.....

N & B Engagement Photos
    imageFrom Vegas 2010
    imageFrom Las Vegas Wedding 2010 imageFrom Las Vegas Wedding 2010
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Nbaker1.  I probably should have looked this up before getting the bustle put in.  I will contact her tomorrow, because there should be a way to reapply them underneath.
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you are overreacting Tam, I would be pissed.  I hope she can reattach them on the inside.  They don't look horrible, but it's not ideal and I completely understand where you're coming from.  Let us know how it turns out -
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    By the way, what are you doing with the ties?  Do they have the right colors and you just need to exchange them, or do you have to look for all new ties?  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks cincy. I'm going to call her today and I will let you know the outcome. thanks ladies for the support and for listening to me vent.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards