African American Weddings
Options

Such a micro-manager!

I have time schedules for all of my vendors, for me and my girls, and for the guys. Also for the wedding ceremony and for the reception. I want everything to be on time and to fall right in place. I got every minute of that day maped out. Am I over doing it, should I just relax and let things take it's course?

Re: Such a micro-manager!

• Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think its fine to have day of timelines. Letting things take its course can result in someone not being somewhere on time.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you are micro managing, I believe you are being organized. I will also have a time line set up and my wedding coordinator will be in charge of making sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to do.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    Karamel_bpKaramel_bp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should definitely have a timeline. I even think you should have one for your guest. A lot of guest at my wedding were late due to a major accident on the highway. And even though I was extra prepared with multiple timeline's I ended having to push everything back anyway.

Hopefully this doesn't happen to you! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My DOC actually sent out a newsletter with all the info needed for the weekend, including the times everyone needed to be where they needed to be. She mailed them to the entire BP,  including the ushers and hostess. She also emailed a copy to all the vendors
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am just starting to write a time line and will print it out and give it to the DOC so things run at least as close to the way I want them to cake cutting etc. You never know with being excited and in the moment Im sure there are things that will be forgotten so if you have a timeline your set!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am sure my coordinators will handle all of that...I just want to make sure the ceremony starts promptly @ 5pm
    image114 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 7 Will be missing out!
    RSVP Deadline May 11th 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think your organization is great.  Another gene I did not inherit.  With 5 weeks to go I guess I had better get on it or have one of my super organized friends work on it for me.  I am so ready for this planning to be over.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a time line too.  I have mentioned to my BP that we are starting ON TIME... I have also given my venue and DOC my time line.  I will give them the adjusted time lines on the day of..incase I have made some adjustments.  I just want to make sure we do everything.  We are having an evening wedding and I know some people will leave early. I want them to have a good time while they are there. 
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards