African American Weddings
Options

AAW Nest Post: Birth Control is Killing My Sex Drive

Has anyone else experienced this? I thought something was wrong with me. I did a little research and come to find out that this is very common. Gotta talk to hubby now about our new game plan.

What are your experiences?

Re: AAW Nest Post: Birth Control is Killing My Sex Drive

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot to mention that I'm using the Nuva Ring.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know this is off topic but being pregnant has killed my sex drive lol.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to reiterate that I love this idea.  I am getting married next month, and I often wondered what the next step is for me becauseI have grown so attached to this site.  This idea lets me know that there is life after The African American Weddings Knot Board and that I can still stay connected to the ladies on this wonderful board.  Thanks for starting this.

Now, on to your question.  I have noticed this, but I wasn't sure why.  I've been taking birth control pills for a while and I never noticed this before, so I didn't think that was the problem.  I just felt like I was tired and preoccupied with the wedding.  And actually I still think that's part of the issue, but it could be the birth control pills as well,  I have to look this up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I blamed it on being tired from work, the summer heat and etc. But as I started thinking more about it, I noticed that I changed after I got on BC. Hubby and I talked about it this morning and he is ok with me going off BC. If we get pregnant...it's cool. 
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, were you and your husband not interested in having kids, just kinda up in the air about the idea?
  • Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It's not just you. I used to be like a rabbit before NuvaRing but now I have less of a sex drive. It's not gone, just less. It's that and breastfeeding too. Hubby and I cope by lots of foreplay. Your sex drive isn't gone just needs some fire stirred up in the right way. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are so many different types...keep trying. Everyone's chemical make-up is different. A lot of ppl on here seem to like Depo. I was very depressed on Depo. Besides the one I'm on now (Ortho-Tricyclin Lo),  the other ones made me gain weight.
     My DH used to say "your birth control is getting really expensive"... I would reply- "so is having a baby".  we plan to conceive in about 1 yr. or 2, but meanwhile birth control is very crucial in my life.

Edit- Oh- but the sex drive is just fine!
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We definitely want children, but wanted to wait at least a year before we started trying. However, I have no desire for sex on the Nuva Ring and I feel like I am forcing myself to want it. We are cool with having a baby sooner, but who says that we'll  get pregnant right away? We're cool either way, but I would like to wait til after out 1st anniversary.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    cant say ive had any problems with losing my drive, its still high as ever lol 'poor' FI.  i take ortho for now, but we'll be TTC next yr. def explore other bc options with your GYN.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    IFEFADIFEFAD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to think i had the same problem but then the only time i feel that way is when h PISSES me off and am just TURNED ALL THE WAY off...lol
  • Options
    MrsJJohnson2BMrsJJohnson2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I thought it was my age! I know must women saythey have problems once they turn 30. I got on the IUD when the Preggo's Bug hit lol. Im talking with my dr.
    JMO maybe its time to spice up the NIGHT!!!

Anniversary
    161image 131image 10image20image RSVP Date August 1
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is the story of my life lately!! LOL!! The pills has definitely decrease my sex drive!!! UGGHH!!! And FH lets me know all of the time!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I'm officially off BC. I don't want my DH to suffer LOL...and I don't want to either. I'm not a spring chicken, so a baby would be totally OK.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards