African American Weddings
Options

What's with these BM's?! (long... sorry)

I just had yet another crying spell! I will be happy when this is all over with!!!

So I booked a hotel suite for the whole weekend. I was planning to stay there with my MOH but I invited all my BM's to stay there so we can get ready together since the makeup artist is coming in at 11 to start on everyone's makeup and the photog will be there at 12 to start "getting ready" pics. I found out via fb that most of my BM"s aren't planning on staying at the hotel all of sudden because they want to get their nails and feet done Saturday morning at 10! Really people?! Where in your thought process is this ok? My MOH asked why they couldn't go on Friday afternoon and they said because they want their nails and feet to be fresh and don't want the chance of them being chipped! WFH!!! Last I checked I'm the bride so why are you worrying about a chipped nail? I told them group pics are at 2:30 and ceremony starts at 4:30... Be there or be square!

So moving on to makeup! I was originally planning to pay for everyone's makeup, they have know this from the beginning. I found out again via fb that some of my BM's had contacted my cousins gf to do their makeup. After they confirmed she was going to do their makeup they let me know they were using a separate MUA. Fine by me! I figured I would save myself a couple of $$$ and only have to pay for myself so I contacted the MUA and cancelled everyone but me. Today the middle person texts me some craziness about them finding a MUA that is willing to do everyone for cheap but we have to provide our own foundation and I would have to cancel my MUA that I booked a year ago! Apparently my cousins gf was more than they expected so now they want me to pay for it again! Oh no buddy.... your on your own!!

I'm off to have a drink now.... Definitely not a wine night, I need something strong!
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: What's with these BM's?! (long... sorry)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yikes.. Girl I wish we could have a drink together.... I have some stuff on ice.  I am waiting for my MOH to get here now. She is on the plane.  I thought she was going to stay at my house with me...now her FI is comig in town tomorrow and she is staying at the hotel with him.  WTF... really when is she going to have time to help me out.  I already know he is going to want her to be there most of the time. SO I am not counting on her for anything.  Kinda pissing me off, cause I offered for both of them to stay at my house...... Hhhhmmmm just wait til she gets married....she will see!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SMH...enjoy that drink girl!  I don't know what's wrong with your girls because that takes a lot of nerve to make plans behind your back.  It would be one thing to call you and let you know what their plans are, but to just go ahead and make decisions like that without you is just plain rude.  Plus, you had to find out on facebook too...I'd be all kinds of pissed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Omg really??? I mean geeze WTH! 1st they can get the nails and feet done thurs or fri. This about you, then they had the nerve to not use yo MUA then decided that they do wanna use her now cuz the other is too expensive? They should have priced it b4 they booked. What is really going on with BM. Man oh man I'm not ready for this. Imma pray for your sanity,
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What kind of crap is this??? Remember only the bride, groom and a witness is needed for the ceremony. Either be there or not! One monkey, 2 monkeys will not stop the show or make you late. For the make-up..they just sol!!! Save your money!!!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_whats-bms-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:e14abc19-093d-4dbf-927b-71f62dc532cfPost:6cfc4f17-8aa6-492d-9e50-ec3dcb391be8">Re: What's with these BM's?! (long... sorry)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yikes.. Girl I wish we could have a drink together.... I have some stuff on ice.  I am waiting for my MOH to get here now. She is on the plane.  I thought she was going to stay at my house with me...now her FI is comig in town tomorrow and she is staying at the hotel with him.  WTF... really when is she going to have time to help me out.  I already know he is going to want her to be there most of the time. SO I am not counting on her for anything.  Kinda pissing me off, cause I offered for both of them to stay at my house...... <strong>Hhhhmmmm just wait til she gets married....she will see!</strong>
    Posted by lisa4766[/QUOTE]

This has become one of my favorite lines! We will be married at the end of the week so hopefully we can maintain my then! I will keep you in my prayers... Just don't go bridezilla!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @kiyamurph... I was more upset than mad! They have given me alot of issues throughout this planning process with the dress, shoes, hair, and petty arguments. These girls are my family, they only women I usually hang out with!

@kitty... thanks for the prayers cause I'm definitely going to need them! I hope you have smooth sailing with your BP

mahoganieyes.... Please believe I put those coins back in my stash spot! They truly are SOL cause I don't care anymore what they do! If they don't make it in time it is their money wasted not mine!
  • Options
    LSASLSAS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WT, these girls are tripping.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_whats-bms-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:e14abc19-093d-4dbf-927b-71f62dc532cfPost:a6e93f07-1b29-43fb-8ce7-dda54c999e7b">Re: What's with these BM's?! (long... sorry)</a>:
    [QUOTE]@kiyamurph... I was more upset than mad! They have given me alot of issues throughout this planning process with the dress, shoes, hair, and petty arguments. These girls are my family, they only women I usually hang out with! @kitty... thanks for the prayers cause I'm definitely going to need them! I hope you have smooth sailing with your BP @ <strong>mahoganieyes.... Please believe I put those coins back in my stash spot! They truly are SOL cause I don't care anymore what they do! If they don't make it in time it is their money wasted not mine!
    </strong>Posted by msapril0730[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What's up with the fb communication too??? People can't call these days?

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I am sorry about all of this. Man that is wrong. Especially finding out on FB. Stay prayerful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

msapril,  i'm so sorry you have to deal with this, but you have 4 days left dont let these heffa's ruffle your feathers and drive you crazy, you have enough to deal with. They made the decision not to use your MUA and know they want to you to re-book,( ummm sorry babes but no go backs)They have alot of nerve And whats with the FB communication. Really ladies really. 
     Just stay calm and relax It's your day Not theirs, Ur make-up will be be flawless and as far as ur BM's, tell them i said Crayola crayola Rocks....lol

www.letsmakeitofficial.weebly.com updated 1/24/11 OOOOooohhh, Mrs. WILSON
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree MsApril don't let them ruin your time. It seems like everyone wants YOUR day to be about them and it's a NO. Guaranteed when it's their time, they are going to want to shine. Women are amazing!!!

However I would keep on keeping on. Like a prior poster said, girl it only needs to be you, your FI and the officiant.

**in my Wendy Williams voice** HOW YOU DOING?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It must be a full moon or something because BM's are on the fritz. Enjoy the last few days lady don't let them upset you. Glad you got that cry out now you can move on. Your day is going to be beautiful with or without them. I hope you enjoyed that drink now revel in the fact you can save those stacks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww April Sending**** hugs**** Im going to need these Bm's to get right. this is not about them. It's about you!!! They need to realize that .
  • Options
    edited December 2011

BM's are #biwinning....Yell

{{{HUGS}}}

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what all the ladies said!! Thats just crazy. At this point, don't even let them get you all worked up & no need to argue with them. If you set a time for them to be somewhere & they're not cause they wanna make their own schedules, they can join the guests and watch from the crowd. Plain & simple.

Girl....get a drink!! Hell....I'll join ya!! (sorry, this kinda got ME trippin)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Damn them girls! You know where they can go lol, dont you worry MsApril they will regret it when they look a MESS, and your GORGEOUS as you should! Its your day, and your almost there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!! Absolutely no worries on this end, I'm actually having one of those great giddy days! I woke up saying 4 more days, 4 more days and praying that I can make it there with no bridezilla moments!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow they have some major kahunas smh!!!!!  i can feel your pain though cuz my bridesmaids are actin an ass as well.....best advice STAY OFF FACEBOOK lmao its the damn devil!!! haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_whats-bms-long-sorry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:e14abc19-093d-4dbf-927b-71f62dc532cfPost:c6f1b255-bc8d-449b-ac76-3233c071b7a5">Re: What's with these BM's?! (long... sorry)</a>:
    [QUOTE]wow they have some major kahunas smh!!!!!  i can feel your pain though cuz my bridesmaids are actin an ass as well.....best advice <strong>STAY OFF FACEBOOK lmao its the damn devil!!! haha
    </strong>Posted by codom[/QUOTE]

ROFL! THIS! I rarely go on FB. I cannot understand why people think it is ok to communicate things like that. Msapril you have four days girl, pray, prepare and PROCEED! Let them look a  hot mess in the pics, you can OUT shine them even more!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards