African American Weddings

Because I can't make this up

I just got an email RSVP from our wedding website.  This was in the guest comments:

Guest Note: PARTY OF TWO!!:
(Blank) offered me her plus 1 and I accepted. I will be accompanied by (Blank) His dinner request is  also Chicken Picatta.

Apparently a plus one is transferrable across family members.  I guess I learn something new everyday.  

Re: Because I can't make this up

• Chile..they must dont know..that rsvp's are not coupons....duh...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • LOL!  This is a first for me.  Transferable RSVPs!  Woowee. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I'm so irritated I'm resisting the temptation of emailing her back.  All I can do is shake my head.  
  • keyaira04keyaira04 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    So wait. She was the plus one and then she brought a plus one.....my people, my people. Smh.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • She wasn't given a plus one.  Her cousin was.  So her cousin said she could use her plus one.  Yeah I was confused too.  
  • Welcome to the crazy world of RSVP ridiculousness!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_because-i-cant-make-this-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:e302dfd8-438d-40a1-8db0-f2f693715bb4Post:f4fd00d4-d0e4-44e0-a018-2dfaa2b3b5db">Re: Because I can't make this up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chile..they must dont know..that rsvp's are not coupons....duh...
    Posted by joneka[/QUOTE]

<div>They're not?! Really?!</div>
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • what? wow! I am sooooo not looking forward to the rsvp process.....smh
    ~almost Mrs. Reese~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_because-i-cant-make-this-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:e302dfd8-438d-40a1-8db0-f2f693715bb4Post:f4fd00d4-d0e4-44e0-a018-2dfaa2b3b5db">Re: Because I can't make this up</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Chile..they must dont know..that rsvp's are not coupons....duh...
    </strong>Posted by joneka[/QUOTE]

LMBO!  The nerve of some folks!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, that's crazy! Never seen anything like it.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Ummmm not. lol
    imageAnniversary
  • The fact that she said, I'm taking so-n-so's plus "one", then turned around and added another person is crazy.  These people know better but they just don't care.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • This!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_because-i-cant-make-this-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:e302dfd8-438d-40a1-8db0-f2f693715bb4Post:ac8fabe6-5146-4600-8c8c-e8085a3ae0e2">Re: Because I can't make this up</a>:
    [QUOTE]The fact that she said, I'm taking so-n-so's plus "one", then turned around and added another person is crazy.  <em><strong><u>These people know better but they just don't care.
    </u></strong></em>Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_because-i-cant-make-this-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:e302dfd8-438d-40a1-8db0-f2f693715bb4Post:ac8fabe6-5146-4600-8c8c-e8085a3ae0e2">Re: Because I can't make this up</a>:
    [QUOTE]The fact that she said, I'm taking so-n-so's plus "one", then turned around and added another person is crazy. <font color="#FF0000"> These people know better but they just don't care.</font>
    Posted by Carla1019[/QUOTE]
    yup.... LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards