African American Weddings

Review on Dreams Riviera Cancun All -inclusive (Our honeymoon)

I know that this truly belongs on the honeymoon board but wanted to share with you ladies in case someone is honeymoon shopping. We booked our entire trip on bookit.com. I did decide to go directly to the the cancun international airport website and booked transfer from airport to hotel and back. I don't think there was much of a price difference. We did arrange for a private car versus van. The name of the shuttle service was cancun shuttle...we got there, they were easy to find but the vehicle was not what I expected..it was still an old beat van which was ok. I could say now that on our return trip to the airport, we did get transported in an SUV which was nice. Also, on our way to the hotel, there was some mix up and the driver thought we were going to Dreams Cancun and not the one in Rivieria Maya...I brought it to his attention after I recognized that we were heading to the hotel strip. You can't miss it! I swear it looks like vegas except it's by a beach. I was glad that I went with Riveria Maya versus cancun...just didn't spell honeymoon to me. 

I wasn't too pleased with the road leading into Dreams but it's not there fault, I am guessing it's up to the government to fix it but as DH said, we are sure no one would say anything if they "accidentally" filled the pot holes. Upon arriving to the resort, our bags were immediately taken and were handed glasses of champagne. Check-in went well and we went straight to the world cafe since we were starving (red eye flight). The world cafe is the only buffet restaurant and the food was good. Great salad and fruit bar..the hot food was good as well. 

We then made our way to the room. Very nice suite with double sinks, huge shower, jet tub which we definitely made use ofWink..I mean on the second night they placed rose petals all around it with candles..how could we resist!!! The first day we were there, it rained so the water out at the beach was flled with weeds. The rest of the time it was alot clearer but if you are there for snorkeling this is not the place to stay. The pools are phenomenal with swim up bar, so if the beach isn't important to you the pool will suffice. There are a number of restaurants at the resort included. We went to the japanese, french, italian and mexican restaurants. I think there were 2 others which we didn't try. My favorite was surprisingly the french..excellent food! All of the restaurants I would say are comparable to 4 star american restaurants. One thing that was surprising is that all the restaurants weren't open every night. Maybe because it was the low travel season? But you definitely have to plan ahead if you want to have the sit down three course dinners..yes all the dinners at the restaurants are served in courses. We never had a problem being seated right away. 

Oh, almost forgot to mention there is show every night! Which is great..no need to find a way to entertain yourself. The shows aren't always spectactular but entertaining!

This is not an Adults only resort but it didn't bother me. Some complain of too many weddings...We saw probably 3 but we spent an entire day off of the resort for a day trip to Isle de Mujeres. The day trip was cool..got to see more of cancun where all the crystal clear water is. We did snorkling, zip lining, kyaking. The package included food, transportation to and from the hotel but we did have to pay a dock fee to get to the island. 

On the very last night DH found out what it means to have too much alcohol..lol...there is such a thing as too much free tequilla!!! 

Other than the vomitting spree the last night, we had a great time! I would definitely reccommend the resort. 

Let me know if you ladies have any questions!

Hope you could see pics below!

Anniversary

Re: Review on Dreams Riviera Cancun All -inclusive (Our honeymoon)

• ahh...I did it again...here are the words..

I know that this truly belongs on the honeymoon board but wanted to share with you ladies in case someone is honeymoon shopping. We booked our entire trip on bookit.com. I did decide to go directly to the the cancun international airport website and booked transfer from airport to hotel and back. I don't think there was much of a price difference. We did arrange for a private car versus van. The name of the shuttle service was cancun shuttle...we got there, they were easy to find but the vehicle was not what I expected..it was still an old beat van which was ok. I could say now that on our return trip to the airport, we did get transported in an SUV which was nice. Also, on our way to the hotel, there was some mix up and the driver thought we were going to Dreams Cancun and not the one in Rivieria Maya...I brought it to his attention after I recognized that we were heading to the hotel strip. You can't miss it! I swear it looks like vegas except it's by a beach. I was glad that I went with Riveria Maya versus cancun...just didn't spell honeymoon to me. 

I wasn't too pleased with the road leading into Dreams but it's not there fault, I am guessing it's up to the government to fix it but as DH said, we are sure no one would say anything if they "accidentally" filled the pot holes. Upon arriving to the resort, our bags were immediately taken and were handed glasses of champagne. Check-in went well and we went straight to the world cafe since we were starving (red eye flight). The world cafe is the only buffet restaurant and the food was good. Great salad and fruit bar..the hot food was good as well. 

We then made our way to the room. Very nice suite with double sinks, huge shower, jet tub which we definitely made use ofWink..I mean on the second night they placed rose petals all around it with candles..how could we resist!!! The first day we were there, it rained so the water out at the beach was flled with weeds. The rest of the time it was alot clearer but if you are there for snorkeling this is not the place to stay. The pools are phenomenal with swim up bar, so if the beach isn't important to you the pool will suffice. There are a number of restaurants at the resort included. We went to the japanese, french, italian and mexican restaurants. I think there were 2 others which we didn't try. My favorite was surprisingly the french..excellent food! All of the restaurants I would say are comparable to 4 star american restaurants. One thing that was surprising is that all the restaurants weren't open every night. Maybe because it was the low travel season? But you definitely have to plan ahead if you want to have the sit down three course dinners..yes all the dinners at the restaurants are served in courses. We never had a problem being seated right away. 

Oh, almost forgot to mention there is show every night! Which is great..no need to find a way to entertain yourself. The shows aren't always spectactular but entertaining!

This is not an Adults only resort but it didn't bother me. Some complain of too many weddings...We saw probably 3 but we spent an entire day off of the resort for a day trip to Isle de Mujeres. The day trip was cool..got to see more of cancun where all the crystal clear water is. We did snorkling, zip lining, kyaking. The package included food, transportation to and from the hotel but we did have to pay a dock fee to get to the island. 

On the very last night DH found out what it means to have too much alcohol..lol...there is such a thing as too much free tequilla!!! 

Other than the vomitting spree the last night, we had a great time! I would definitely reccommend the resort. 

Let me know if you ladies have any questions!
    Anniversary
  • Sounds amazing! Glad you had a great time!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awwww that sounds awesome Ro! I can't wait......FI and I had to make a change to HM accomodations because HE didn't get his passport and we are working with a surplus of limited funds LOL. So we're going to Vegas for a trip we already had paid for and we are going to do big HM in February/March for our birthday. I wanna see more pics :)
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Ro, it sounds like you had an amazing time.   Riveria Maya is my favorite place in the world to go so I'm in here fistpumping with ya. lol  haven't tried ziplining yet, how was it?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_review-on-dreams-riviera-cancun-all-inclusive-our-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:ea26aef6-bbd6-4ead-b520-45bb71dd275cPost:6b2f5012-8b24-4b0d-839f-ecd8fbe4b250">Re: Review on Dreams Riviera Cancun All -inclusive (Our honeymoon)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awwww that sounds awesome Ro! I can't wait......FI and I had to make a change to HM accomodations because HE didn't get his passport and we are working with a surplus of limited funds LOL. So we're going to Vegas for a trip we already had paid for and we are going to do big HM in February/March for our birthday. I wanna see more pics :)
    Posted by MrsSmith2Be02[/QUOTE]

<div>Vegas will be fun! I am sure you guys will have a blast. </div><div>
    </div><div>PM your email address and I will send you the rest of the pics!</div>
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_review-on-dreams-riviera-cancun-all-inclusive-our-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:ea26aef6-bbd6-4ead-b520-45bb71dd275cPost:2f8d74f9-d255-4546-87bf-779359eebfcf">Re: Review on Dreams Riviera Cancun All -inclusive (Our honeymoon)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ro, it sounds like you had an amazing time.   Riveria Maya is my favorite place in the world to go so I'm in here fistpumping with ya. lol  haven't tried ziplining yet, how was it?
    Posted by sultryzulu[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>So...zip lining was a bit underwhelming...I was scared sh#*less and then once I started I was like..this is it!!?! LOL..Lets do that again...But it's something checked off my bucketless!!! there are tons of places here in MO to do it, so I am thinking of checking them out to see if the lines are higher for more a thrill! HA! </div>
    Anniversary
  • Sounds great Ro! Glad you guys made good use of the tub!!, #yeahbaaaaybeee!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • #teamshowerwithcandles ;) glad you had fun.

How were the rooms? tiled floor? luxurios?
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_review-on-dreams-riviera-cancun-all-inclusive-our-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:ea26aef6-bbd6-4ead-b520-45bb71dd275cPost:e5082ff4-4e61-4e7d-bc67-1d4666735fb1">Re: Review on Dreams Riviera Cancun All -inclusive (Our honeymoon)</a>:
    [QUOTE]#teamshowerwithcandles ;) glad you had fun. How were the rooms? tiled floor? luxurios?
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]

<div>Not overly luxurious...tiled floors..yes...which I can't say that I loved I like walking around bare feet and couldn't do that on cold tiled floors. But I definitely know why they did that, folks coming off the beach or pool..always wet and there is always sand. The tile is just easier to clean. I really enjoyed the his and hers sinks. Every room is suite style and I like that it has this hexagon shape..I thought that was cute!</div>
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards