African American Weddings
Options

Big Chop

Hey ya'll soo I'm going natural for the wedding and today after months of sew ins and braids and torture I did my big chop. Imma try to upload a picture onto here. My boo hasn't seen it yet but I love it!!! I will tell you guys what he says. Anyone else trying something new for their wedding?
If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Big Chop

• Options
    happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe not for the wedding but I did an extreme thing (for me) a week ago and got my hair colored a bright brown/red.  My goal is to continue to grow out my hair naturally until the big day.  I think I will need to add in some hair for a fuller natural look but that's the plan right now.
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kudos to you! I sneaked and did the big chop in November of 2009. I didn't tell FI because I knew he would freak out. He hasn't seen my natural hair more than twice since then and both times were in the last three months. It is pretty long now, but so untrained and since I like straight hair, I'm still doing weaves until I have the time and patience to devote to keeping my hair healthy myself versus depending on my stylist. I can't wait to see pics of your new do!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! I cannot wait to see it!!! Isn't it freeing????

I BCd in 2009 but rarely wear my own hair. I am so lazy! LOL I wear a lot of "natural wigs." If there is such a thing. LOL But I vowed that after we're back from our honeymoon, I am only wearing my nip naps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just picked up my boo from work. He stared and pulled at it and did that a couple times then said I don't like it yet but I think I will. Which is high praise considering he is Italian and they love them cascading curls. It has been freeing and just soon as I remember how I am going to post photos of my hair. Thanks you guys for the support. When I saw all that hair falling to the ground I was like wow...this is real.
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He will love it eventually. My FI didn't know how to receive it when he first saw it. But by the time we went out later that night, he absolutely LOVED it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OH wow congrats!!! I did the BC in June of last year!!!! For the wedding though I am actually going to wear a sew in with half of my hair out. I am most likely going to get a dominican blow out first and then a sew in so my hair will match the weave hair!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! I've been natural for over a decade now and it's the best decision I've ever made.  My fiance has never seen me with straight hair..ever. I haven't decided how to wear it for the wedding but it will most definitely be natural.
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kudos to you! I tried to go natural a few years ago, but gave in to the creamy crack about a year later lol. I cut my hair last April because it was really unhealthy and limp after years of weaves and braids, but I'm growing it out again now for the wedding and it's so much healthier. FI says he loves my short hair better, so I just might cut it again after the wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    congrats!  post your pics when you can :)  
  • Options
    7venAfricano7venAfricano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your BC!! I loved my hair when I cut it in Dec '09, something about cutting your hair off to go natural is liberating...at least to me it was lol. For our renewal in June I'm hoping my hair will be neck length unstretched, that way I can either braid it halfway and leave the back out or have it braided up into a puff. It actually just depends on what kind of retro dress I create, but if My hair isn't the length I want I'm going to do a natural looking sew in where I would've worn my hair out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on your BC. I did my BC a year and a half ago. At first I just kept getting it cut low. For the past 2 months I haven't gotten it cut. I've decided to let it grow out for the wedding. I hope by November it's long enough to do something with otherwise I'm going to get a sew in.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!  I have been natural for almost 10 years - I did a slow transition so I never BC'd.  I love being natural - it is such a great feeling and my hair LOVES ME for it!  So much longer and healthier (and grows faster) now! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    OOOhhh I am transitioning and I am so afraid of the BC! kUDOS to you
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey you guys remind me how to add a picture and you guys will be able to see my new do. Thanks! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Got it working, tell me what you think. Thanks for all the love chicas you know this process can be intimidating especially when it leads to the prettiest day of your life.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE IT!!!!!! Wink
  • Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ pinkcottoncandy - Your hair looks great!  it is so thick.  It's going be glorious the longer it gets.

I have been transitioning without the BC since September 09.  It's been a process let me tell you.  I wear my hair in buns ALL OF THE TIME.  LOL!  It's the easiet thing for me to do and it stops me from messing around with my hair while I have the two textures.

I am really loving my natural hair and can't wait until all of the relaxer is gone.  I anticipate that I will cut of whatever relaxed ends I have at my two year mark (September 30, 2011).

My FH has been supportive in this process but he prefers longer hair in any state so long as it is healthy.  I now only flat iron my hair once or twice a year to check the length.  For the wedding, I will flat iron and curl because I know my FH will love the look.

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    pinkcottoncandy, your hair looks great!  So shiny and healthy!!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

your hair looks lovely... I cut mines off 6 years ago...FI has never seen my hair straight but in pictures...he loves long hair so instead of me making it straight, I decided to do locs instead...I hope they grow out enough to put in a pretty bun for the wedding. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards