African American Weddings
Options

Cocktail hour idea: wack, fun, or annoying?

I'm thinking about doing a cocktail hour ice breaker to promote mingling.

I am thinking about putting a number on the back of everyone's place card. People with matching numbers will have to find each other, introduce themselves, and say how they know us or how they met us.

Does this sound wack, fun, or annoying?

Re: Cocktail hour idea: wack, fun, or annoying?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I swear I mean no offense whatsoever, but this honestly sounds both whack and annoying.  I don't think icebreakers at a wedding is necessary.  Maybe something like this could be done at a bridal shower, but I would definitely not do it at a wedding.  Your guests are grown adults and they should be able to start conversations on their own without having to do an icebreaker.  If I were someone's guest at a wedding that wanted to do this, I wouldn't participate at all since I feel as though I can talk to people on my own. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No offense taken - I appreciate your honesty.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think cocktail hours are necessary ifyou have to take pics after the ceremony but that game part I wouldn't want to participate in!
    October AAW Signature Challenge: Where FI and I Met (Jukehouse KCMO) Photobucket Visit Purple.weddings.com http://duaneandlaquita2011.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I concur. In between getting drinks, holding plates of food {when they're not sitting} this could be one of those "things" that makes you think at the end of the day "why did i do that"

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a good idea for an engagement party
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great idea for maybe another function, not for a cocktail hour at a wedding though...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with everyone - I voted "wack and annoying".  I think your guests would feel irritated with that type of game at the cocktail hour.  But I also agree that it's a great idea for another event! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree... use it somewhere else... it's a cute idea though...

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards