African American Weddings
Options

My First "Real" WR Bad Dream lol

Crazy that I have like 131 days (or something like that :P) left. I lost track after 150 so it kind of threw me the other day to be at 133. Well, Papi and I have NOTHING done for the wedding except having bridal party members, a rag tag guest list and an undecorated, cinnamon smelling Dollar General jumping broom *don't judge lol*. I'm pretty much getting ready to overhaul my previous wedding plans and seriously considering toning it down to office casual or something like that and having a huge bbq. It'll still be retro but the original semi-formal, 250 folks vow renewal plan is starting to make me crazy. Trying to plan it with EVERYTHING ELSE we NEED to get accomplished. It'll still be retro, just not so grand. Sundresses, 100-130 ppl (but I still have to run it by him and get that good there OK)

So this morning I'm getting a little extra sleep. Been stressing quietly to myself over the wedding and such and I have this dream that literally put it all into perspective. We had ONE WEEK LEFT. None of the bridesmaids had dresses, groomsmen didn't have their tux. PAPI didn't even have his tux. I hadn't bought my dress, we only had like, $134 for food and NO PASTOR, NO CEREMONY OR RECEPTION LOCATION. I remember being pissed off in that dream something fierce and all around upset about life. I woke up like, "Damn..." So I think that's my subconscious way of telling me to get up and get moving but at this stage, the possibility that I may HAVE to sew 8 bridesmaids dresses is becoming terrifyingly real ...I shudder at the thought.

Re: My First "Real" WR Bad Dream lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes!! I have had a dream or two about wedding day & having absolutely nothing done. I too woke up like "wtf?". Its scary.

If you gotta toned it down some, do what you gotta do. As long as you're happy with your decision, thats all that matters.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh gosh. I remember having that dream. Mine was the day of the wedding and nothing was done.  I think it is the subconscious cause that they the ball started rolling and its been going ever since.

Things will get better.  If you feel you wanna scale back by all means do it. 
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards