African American Weddings
Options

Two part question!! Bridal Shower? Bridal Processional?

Will your bridal shower have a theme? If so what will it be? I'm leaning towards an 80's themed shower. I know I shouldn't be involved wth the shower planning but I had to atleast tell them the theme I want.

Is your MOH coming out first or last?
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Two part question!! Bridal Shower? Bridal Processional?

• Options
    adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My shower is themed "Susie Homemaker" because it's the complete opposite of me but my MOH asked for ideas and that one was my favorite.

My MOHs will come out last. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not certain, but my bestfriend mentioned something about a "Bed & Breakfast" theme featuring kitchen-related things and things that can be used in the bedroom. It's so far off that I'm sure nothing is concrete though.

My MOH will come out last.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want a Kentucky Derby Theme! With the big hats and all!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ Yas - That sounds cute...I thought about doing a garden party for my mom for Mother's Day next year with the big hats. Thought of it too late to make it happen this year...saw the idea in this month's issue of O magazine. I bet y'all are going to be too cute!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Eagles!!! I hope that I get the theme shower! I also hope that we will be cute!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not having a theme shower all I know is the date.

My MOH will come in last.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bridal shower, theme is Around the Clock!! My BM know me very well, so they run it all by me,lol!!! Its Morning Noon and Night, each guest will have specific time of the day that will buy me a gift for. The ladies are googling examples of gifts and putting them in the invite, for each persons designated time of the day, so people get an idea. Colors are tiffany blue and red!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I love your themes. Some of them are very creative. I don't even know if I am having a shower so no theme (at least that I know of)

But my MOH is coming out last!
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_two-part-question-bridal-shower-bridal-processional?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:f30742a3-b141-4135-bed3-091ae0c8f9c3Post:eb8f5a3b-87c7-4bf8-9841-b62d922a2a0b">Re: Two part question!! Bridal Shower? Bridal Processional?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want a Kentucky Derby Theme! With the big hats and all!!
    Posted by YasJas2011[/QUOTE]

OMG that idea is too cute!!!

I'm not involved at all in my shower... the girls wont even tell me the theme! I hope it turns out ok.... LOL
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards