African American Weddings

Fake flowers to be or not to be

hey loves so i been having a big fiasco over my centerpieces im not sure if fake flowers are considered tacky or not. Real flowers are expensive as hell so i been thinking of using fake flowers do you guys think it would be super getto if i did 
image 99 Made the cut image 76 Are ready to party!
image 23 Will be missing out YAYAYAY image 0 Need to find the mailbox because if they didn't already they no longer can come The RSVP deadline has passed this is the final count Wedding Countdown Ticker image CLick and check out My blog From Ms. To Mrs.

Re: Fake flowers to be or not to be

• jonekajoneka member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I dont think it would be ghetto...i am using silk flowers due to budget and I can do them way in advance..ive.completed my two altar pieces, gm boutineers, my bouquet/ with toss bouquet and two wreaths...im still working on mothers corsages, centerpieces, and finishing up bm bouquets.. Also I love the fact that I can keep my bouquet as a keepsake!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • No, it's not ghetto.  I've seen some really nice artifical floral arrangements.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • edited January 2012

If real flowers aren't in your budget, fake flowers can be nice if done tastefully.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MrsSmith2Be02MrsSmith2Be02 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I'm not a fan of fake flowers, but I'm not a huge fan of flowers. HOWEVER, if you have to go the fake route, find the acrylic flowers. You can BARELY tell the difference b/w the acrylic and the real.
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
  • Flowers are CRAZY expensive! I am using real flowers but I went with options that were economical and kept it very simple. It just so happened that my favorite flower - hydrangeas - are very affordable and they are big and fluffy, so you get a lot of bang for your buck. If you decide to go realy maybe you can find a florist that will work with your budget like I did.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fake-flowers-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:f61e8735-34d0-4589-ad1f-8be6a42df509Post:3cd4e29c-1c35-405a-8394-d58da0b56702">Re: Fake flowers to be or not to be</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont think it would be ghetto...<strong>i am using silk flowers due to budget and I can do them way in advance</strong>..ive.completed my two altar pieces, gm boutineers, my bouquet/ with toss bouquet and two wreaths...im still working on mothers corsages, centerpieces, and finishing up bm bouquets.. Also I love the fact that I can keep my bouquet as a keepsake!!
    Posted by joneka[/QUOTE]

This!.. As a free lance florist I can tell you that using silk or real touch flowers as opposed to real buds are both cost effective and you are better able to plan putting them together. I'm doing all the flowers for my wedding, and using a mixture of real and silk... only the personal flowers and pew arrangements are going to be real, all others will be fake. this way I'm able to stay WAY under budget and still get the effect I want.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • MrsJenrette....where do you recommend getting cost effective silk flowers? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • actually nvmind she is only accepting orders for sept and beyond

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fake-flowers-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:f61e8735-34d0-4589-ad1f-8be6a42df509Post:838f0b26-af81-4c57-814a-6d400f924770">Re: Fake flowers to be or not to be</a>:
    [QUOTE]MrsJenrette ....where do you recommend getting cost effective silk flowers? 
    Posted by kaimah[/QUOTE]

I'm getting mine from <a href="http://www.save-on-crafts.com" rel="nofollow">www.save-on-crafts.com</a> but there are many other places... I usually get my flowers from a wholesaler but there are some wholesalers that won't allow outside buyers.

Try looking into online flower wholesalers in your area... if it's online they are usually more lax about policy.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • thanks everyone for the adviice i think im going to do a mixture of real and fake flowers..the only ones that are going to be fake our the centerpeices which im going to submerge in water hopefully they dont look to fake. 
    image 23 Will be missing out YAYAYAY image 0 Need to find the mailbox because if they didn't already they no longer can come The RSVP deadline has passed this is the final count Wedding Countdown Ticker image CLick and check out My blog From Ms. To Mrs.
  • thanks everyone for the adviice i think im going to do a mixture of real and fake flowers..the only ones that are going to be fake our the centerpeices which im going to submerge in water hopefully they dont look to fake. 
  • Do what is in your buget!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fake-flowers-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:f61e8735-34d0-4589-ad1f-8be6a42df509Post:40029378-808a-4d87-8970-45d329190f15">Re: Fake flowers to be or not to be</a>:
    [QUOTE]this site has awesome silk flowers <a href="http://www.angelsaccents.com/3/gallery.htm" rel="nofollow">http://www.angelsaccents.com/3/gallery.htm</a>  
    Posted by MsAmeera25[/QUOTE]

Sure does.  She did some for me.  I have them in my basement.  I never used them.  She does an awesome job!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Thanks for the websites Wwwoohoo
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards