African American Weddings

Hey 2012 Brides! How's the planning going?

I won't be starting my planning in earnest until May 2011.  My work schedule is brutal for the first five months (audit and tax season).  So, I can't focus on my plans.  That is not to say that I haven't gathered a gazillion ideas already for my September 2012 event.  LOL! 

When I do start in May, the first thing will be to find and book the venue.  So what have you done so far if you have started planning and if you haven't when will you start?

Also, how involved do you think your FH will be with the wedding?  My FH says he will be there when I need him. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

Re: Hey 2012 Brides! How's the planning going?

• edited December 2011
    Hi!
    Im planning my wedding for March of 2012, and so far we have toured a venue and will wait to book it in March of this year, hopefully it will still be available but my FH felt 14mos. ahead was too early.

With that we are finally confirming our colors and I think booking the photographer will be the next big task for me to get started on. Like you I will wait until the early summer to get really serious with the rest of my planning. I sometimes feel like im starting extremely early, but then again there is alot to work on! My FH is involved enough to help me make decisions or give me his opinion, but other than that just told me to tell him when and where to show up...lol
    Good luck and congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hi I'm planning for a June 2012 wedding and I've done barely anything. We have picked colors and we found a ceremony site. My school schedule keeps me from really planning like I want to. I hope to get some planning in this summer but I have summer classes as well. To make matters worse I am getting married in my home state of VA and I live in IL! I have assembled my troops to check out a few venues in VA for me LOL
    Graphics Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married May 2012. We have booked our wedding planner, venues (ceremony and recepetion), photographer, cake decorator, DJ and picked our colors. I am so organize, by nature, that waiting until the last minute scaries me...the goal is not to be a bridezella :) My FI is involved with making the final decision. Good luck with your wedding planing.
  • edited December 2011
    @Aprilflower: You are on the ball! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    May 2012 is coming fast. I've picked out everything, now we're getting the money together to make it happen
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats to you all!  Aprilflower....you are on point.  I to will be getting married May, 2012 and I am already stressed.  We have selected our colors, have our "theme" per se and know what we want...we just need to find the venue.  (We are looking for something non-traditional and unique....museum, loft, etc.)  Last Sunday was our official first visit to a bridal show and that evening my dear fiance' broke his ankle:(.  Needless to say, that puts a damper on a lot of our shopping around together, but it's all gonna work out.  Well, I wish you all the best of luck and happy planning.
    "And now abideth faith, hope and love; these three, but the greatest of these is love." I Corinthians 13:13
  • island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Well you all are making me feel like I am way behind! LOL!  I admit I am getting antsy about the venue.  I think I may want to nail that sooner than this May particularly as my date falls on a holiday weekend.  I am going to have to get my FH on board for that.  He probably thinks it is way too early to nail down a site. 

• edited December 2011
    Congrats to each and everyone of my lovely 2012 brides!!! I'm too am a 2012 bride, my big event is set for Sunday, March 25th. We have already booked our venue, and I've made appts for us to meet with a wedding coordinator for the day of our wedding to make sure that day runs smoothly without me pulling my hair out. My FH is into his sports and gives me just a little time to do wedding stuff, which is fine with me all he needs to do is show up and get ready to show out. He only wants to be apart of the major planning like the cake and disc jockey. The other little stuff is basically on me and he just gives his opinion. I say to all ladies that I was thinking like you guys at a time that I have time to plan but there is also 100 more brides out there that is getting married as well and I don't want to be disappointed because another bride booked my vendor. I say its never too early to plan, there's nothing wrong with getting as much as you can done. I'm a DIY bride, so I will be making several of things for our event. Good luck to you all
  • island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_hey-2012-brides-hows-planning-going?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:f6962ba8-e57f-4b74-bb99-d2477c4accafPost:6873f557-53ea-4fb7-adc7-a2210efd31dc">Re: Hey 2012 Brides! How's the planning going?</a>:
    [QUOTE] I say to all ladies that I was thinking like you guys at a time that I have time to plan but there is also 100 more brides out there that is getting married as well and I don't want to be disappointed because another bride booked my vendor. I say its never too early to plan, there's nothing wrong with getting as much as you can done. I'm a DIY bride, so I will be making several of things for our event. Good luck to you all
    Posted by kbval0512[/QUOTE]

You are so right about this as I am finding out.  Some of the venues I inquired with are telling me that they are now booking for 2012.  I am too through.  LOL!  Now they are putting me into panic mode.  I don't know if I can take 18 months of this stress. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards