African American Weddings
Options

NWR- Money$$

What's your take on managing your money with your FH. Will you be having a joint acct? separate acct? both?

I manage money better than he does, so I dont want $ being spent on crap thats not needed. I know money is a big thing for couples and the number 1 reason why couples argue. We have separate now and it works out great.

Re: NWR- Money$$

• Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I openly discuss money, bills, etc. We have a joint account. He used to spend freely before I took him aside and showed him how his impulsive buying was hurting us financially. Since then, he doesn't really do it. Open and honest communication is a must, especially when it comes to money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I budget better than he does so he says he is willing to let me hand it the money issues and we will have a joint account. However, I think our joint account will be for bills, the kids etc. and we will have our own money to spend where we see fit in different accounts. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We have separate accounts right now and that doesn't bother me at all. We're both good at budgeting money, but I don't see a need to get a joint account yet.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have both and we will keep it like that! It works well for us.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a joint account for bills and savings and then two separate acctounts for fun/spending money. I manage the books on all 3 accounts though because FI is TERRIBLE at budgeting!
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    at the moment we have seperate accounts. that might change closer to the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We plan to have a joint for bills and savings, a joint for investments, and then seperate for personal spending money.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-money?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:faae4b40-6357-4e5b-926a-6412cd355713Post:3a79afb7-bd1d-41ad-aca9-4a854c744cf8">Re: NWR- Money$$</a>:
    [QUOTE]We plan to have a joint for bills and savings, a joint for investments, and then seperate for personal spending money.
    Posted by prncsz[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have separate accounts now, but either closer or just after the wedding we will open up a joint account for the bills, investments, or other household needs.  However, we will keep our separate accounts for entertainment activities.  We both are good at managing our accounts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards