African American Weddings

"I Found the Gown" - Anyone?

Has anyone watched the WE show "I Found the Gown"?  They seem to have some great bargains there.  Anyone been to the Vows salon where this show is taped?  If so, are the deals really that good?  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

Re: "I Found the Gown" - Anyone?

• I've watched it. Their prices are really cheap. The owners seem like they go out their way just to find a gown for a customer.  I wonder if they do that for everyone. I wish I knew abt the store I sure would have drove up there. My dress is Paloma Blanca and they made a big deal about driving up to the warehouse and bought all those dresses. I am sure they could have found mine.

• Last week was my first time watching. Before that I had not even heard of it. Where is the store located?? I wonder if they work with ALL budgets???

The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_i-found-the-gown-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:fe245b18-6a52-480d-865d-f35c3eab7b2aPost:741ad4a8-9cce-4376-81c1-b153879180c6">Re: "I Found the Gown" - Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Last week was my first time watching. Before that I had not even heard of it. Where is the store located?? I wonder if they work with ALL budgets???
    Posted by Dannitra01[/QUOTE]

I think its in Massachusetts somewhere.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_i-found-the-gown-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:fe245b18-6a52-480d-865d-f35c3eab7b2aPost:4f45a6a1-7b1a-4325-92f0-afee9fcfc22e">Re: "I Found the Gown" - Anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "I Found the Gown" - Anyone? : I think its in Massachusetts somewhere.
    Posted by shabuka1[/QUOTE]

****pausing to think is it is still worth the trip******* lolz
    The Future Mrs. Douglas Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Believe me for the amount I paid for my dress, even with gas and tolls, I still would have saved . If I got tired I had plenty of fam in NY to stay with.
  • island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    My gown was 50% off and I was happy about that but some of the gowns have amazing prices.  They had this one Vera Wang emsemble (veil and gown) that normally would have cost $10,000.  The bride got the entire kaboodle for $1,400!  I was done.  LOL!

• I have watched and I was thinking to myself like those are some good deals! I even pondered if it was worth the flight to go up to the place. I looked it up on the internet and its called the Vow or something like that and its in Mass. like Shabuka said. 
  • s_hazeleyess_hazeleyes member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    I am watching it right now for the first time!

Eh...VOWS is ok. It's in Watertown, MA. I left work 2 weeks ago to try on dresses (before I knew they had a show which they ask me to be on).

I tried on a million dresses there and only found 1 that was nice and it costs $1800. You really have to search and be open minded for a bargain. I found out I'm wayyyy to picky to have found something. 

All of their dresses are samples. They are a smaple store only so there is no ordering. What you see is what you get. You buy and take it home. You're pretty much screwd if you fall in love with a dress that's a bit to small. Either lose weigh or put it back! I def would not travel to this store from afar...it was a waste of my time and I work in the next town over!

Everyone there is really sweet...the selection, IMO, is not.
  • I am watchinf it right now for the first time!

Eh...VOWS is ok. It's in Watertown, MA. I left work 2 weeks ago to try on dresses (before I knew they had a show which they ask me to be on).

I tried on a million dresses there and only found 1 that was nice and it costs $1800. You really have to search and be open minded for a bargain. I found out I'm wayyyy to picky to have found something. 

All of their dresses are samples. They are a smaple store only so there is no ordering. What you see is what you get. You buy and take it home. You're pretty much screwd if you fall in love with a dress that's a bit to small. Either lose weigh or put it back! I def would not travel to this store from afar...it was a waste of my time and I work in the next town over!

Everone there is really sweet...the selection, IMO, is not.
  • Really!?! They make it seem like they are buying all these dresses. Well, in the one episode a girl called saying she was looking for a particular dress and they went and got it. I would have only gone if I had found my dress and was trying to get it cheaper.
  • When I saw the how I went to their website If u are not he sample dress size u are sol at that store lol Seems like a great del if u are a sample size
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • <div><p class="MsoNormal"> </p><p class="MsoNormal"> </p><p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9pt;line-height:115%;">In Response to<span class="apple-converted-space"> </span></span><span style="font-size:9pt;line-height:115%;"><a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_i-found-the-gown-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:fe245b18-6a52-480d-865d-f35c3eab7b2aPost:db4ceb5a-2ca8-4b91-8cc6-1d656d44b0e8">Re: "I Found the Gown" - Anyone?</a></span><span style="font-size:9pt;line-height:115%;">:
    [QUOTE]I am watchinf it right now for the first time! Eh...VOWS is ok. It's in Watertown, MA. I left work 2 weeks ago to try on dresses (before I knew they had a show which they ask me to be on). I tried on a million dresses there and only found 1 that was nice and it costs $1800. You really have to search and be open minded for a bargain. I found out I'm wayyyy to picky to have found something.  All of their dresses are samples. They are a smaple store only so there is no ordering. What you see is what you get. You buy and take it home. You're pretty much screwd if you fall in love with a dress that's a bit to small. Either lose weigh or put it back! I def would not travel to this store from afar...it was a waste of my time and I work in the next town over! Everone there is really sweet...the selection, IMO, is not.
    Posted by s_hazeleyes[/QUOTE]</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9pt;line-height:115%;"> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9pt;line-height:115%;">In Response to<span class="apple-converted-space"> </span></span><span style="font-size:9pt;line-height:115%;"><a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_i-found-the-gown-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:fe245b18-6a52-480d-865d-f35c3eab7b2aPost:43ede6df-c9f9-4278-9851-6d556d62cb53">Re: "I Found the Gown" - Anyone?</a></span><span style="font-size:9pt;line-height:115%;">:
    [QUOTE]When I saw the how I went to their website If u are not he sample dress size u are sol at that store lol Seems like a great del if u are a sample size
    Posted by thedivav[/QUOTE]</span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:9pt;line-height:115%;"> </span></p> <p class="MsoNormal"><font color="#0000ff"><span style="font-size:9pt;line-height:115%;">Hmmm...makes sense they would only have sample gowns in the store.  So I can see how hard it would be to find something there if your size is not one of the popular sample sizes.  </span><span style="font-size:9pt;line-height:115%;"></span></font></p><p> </p><p> </p></div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>

• Womp! *deflate sound*...I was planning on driving to Watertown, MA from New York to see if I could find my dress in Nov/Dec. I'm definitely not a sample size lady (10 off the rack) so...I'm going to rethink this brilliant plan of mine lol *sigh*
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards