African American Weddings
Options

Help me pick wedding colors

My wedding ceremony will be on the beach the Monday morning of Memorial Day. The reception will be at a great vintagey looking building. Our reception will be a breakfast reception.

I 'm torn between color themes!

My original love and color want was blush (light pink) , gold and ivory but after deciding on a harlem renaissance/vintage glam theme Im thinking if black /ivory/pink would look better.

Im wondering if black is too heavy for a morning wedding (for bm dresses, invites,tablecloths,etc.) in the summer

Arrrggghhhhh!!! Im so torn.

What do you ladies think?
577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary

Re: Help me pick wedding colors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted for blush, gold, and ivory because that was originally what I wanted for the vintage/romantic themed wedding in my head. Yeah...didn't stick to the plan and now I wonder if I will always wonder what if. Follow your heart...that color combination is beautiful and has so much potential!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted for the first combo as well... I think the black may be too much for the morning.

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, you guys confirmed my color lust :)
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_pick-wedding-colors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:ff4c22be-c5dd-45c0-aea1-242c37856ad3Post:78fd7f55-1b0c-442a-8161-63f5db756f99">Help me pick wedding colors</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding ceremony will be on the beach the Monday morning of Memorial Day. The reception will be at a great vintagey looking building. Our reception will be a breakfast reception. I 'm torn between color themes! My original love and color want was blush (light pink) , gold and ivory but after deciding on a harlem renaissance/vintage glam theme Im thinking if black /ivory/pink would look better. Im wondering if black is too heavy for a morning wedding (for bm dresses, invites,tablecloths,etc.) in the summer Arrrggghhhhh!!! Im so torn. What do you ladies think?

I vote for the 1st combo..what color are the groomsmen wearing?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i like the first combo, gold and blush work great for your plans.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Im thinking of having the men in tanish linen suits with pink ties (not bubble gum pink)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards