• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2009 Weddings

SQUEE: Groom's Gift & Q?

Not sure if any one is following along, but in a post a while back I mentioned I got my fiance tickets to next year's US Open in Pebble Beach (Pro Golf Tournament for those who dont follow sports at one of the most famous golf courses in the US)...The tickets (which are for Sunday - the final round of the tournament = BIG deal) won't be mailed until May 2010.  I've been trying to think of something clever to 'give' to my fiance so he still had something to open - and to make for a great photo op, natch.I just ordered personalized golf balls - see image below :)">I got a whole box... should I just wrap the box and act like I got him golf balls for a wedding present or can you think of a more creative way for him to unveil the surprise???

BFP#1 11.2.10 | EDD 7.9.11 | HB 7w2d & 8w4d | missed M/C 11w2d | D&E 12.21.10
FSH at 14.5 - 4.21.11 | CCCT - (CD3 8.8,CD10 12.2)| dx w/ DOR @ 28 yrs old
IUI#1 + clomid 8.29.11 (our anniversary)
BFP#2 9.10.11 | EDD 5.21.12 | beta 1 @ 14dpi:232 | beta 2 @17dpi:703 | beta 3 @24dpi:7,174
Baby A HB of 142(7w), 161(8w), 164(9w) | Baby B no HB, Vanishing Twin
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: SQUEE: Groom's Gift & Q?

• Can you put something different on each ball, like one word of the sentence so he has to figure out what they say? This way he will be even more surprised when he figures it out! However, I don't know if that is cost effective.
    image image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I should have been paying attention when I read your post, that you already ordered them. SORRY : )
    image image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • haha, I just thought of something really nasty and dirty, but I won't say it. I say just wrap one, but wrap it like a million times. :)
    TTC since October 2010 | BFP 12/29/11 | RRQ BORN 08/26/12
    planned | married | blogged
  • How cute! I think that's already pretty creative as it is! I know a lot of guys play golf with their groomsmen the morning of the wedding - is your FI? If so, maybe you could get one of the groomsmen in on it and have him bring those balls to use, and surprise him that way? (If your photog was going along with the guys, that is, I guess.)
  • I think that is a great way to tell him what he's getting as a wedding present. Very clever!
  • Yeah sorry, I already ordered.  And they come in full box quanities so individual balls wouldn't work..Mandee - you would.  I'm thinking of maybe just giving him a sleeve.  Golf balls come in boxes of 12, but inside the box the separate them into 3s of smaller skinnier boxes (sleeves)...eoullet (sorry I always butcher your name)... he's still undecided about the morning golf... I thought we would do gifts before we see each other/ceremony, but he wants to do them during our "private moment" after the ceremony, before we join in on cocktail hour...I'm just trying to think of something else to put them in, or way to display other than a wrapped box of golfballs - although I think if he saw that I got him golfballs he'd be super confused...

BFP#1 11.2.10 | EDD 7.9.11 | HB 7w2d & 8w4d | missed M/C 11w2d | D&E 12.21.10
    FSH at 14.5 - 4.21.11 | CCCT - (CD3 8.8,CD10 12.2)| dx w/ DOR @ 28 yrs old
    IUI#1 + clomid 8.29.11 (our anniversary)
    BFP#2 9.10.11 | EDD 5.21.12 | beta 1 @ 14dpi:232 | beta 2 @17dpi:703 | beta 3 @24dpi:7,174
    Baby A HB of 142(7w), 161(8w), 164(9w) | Baby B no HB, Vanishing Twin
  • Erin, that was super clever of you! Great idea.
  • Hmm... I think maybe I would put one sleeve in a much, much bigger box w/ tissue paper or what not to confuse him even more and wrap the big box. But I think that just the golf ball sleeve is good packaging as it is, b/c he'll be confused but when he opens up the sleeve, he'll be super surprised.
  • I am all about the "trick boxes" like a smaller box inside a bigger box then another one and another one...and each one, fill with something silly like Comics, Newspapers, Feathers and rocks. Make him work for his presents LOL  
  • Erinn, this is an AWESOME idea!  My family are big golfers and either of my brothers, my dad, or Colin would have loooooved this :) Your FH is a LUCKY GUY!
  • FI is behind me and happened to look over and see the golf ball image you had in your post and wondered what was up. Now that he's read that you're getting your man tickets to the US Open I think he wants to trade brides :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards