• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2009 Weddings

Vent: F*cking Group Assignments

Okay, I just need to vent...so, I am completing a grad. class this summer and everything for the class is due August 10th...clearly not convienent timing.  But, not really that big of a deal, I thought, because I am in a group with two other people I know.  I asked them if I turned in my paper early if they could get their feedback to me early since I am leaving to head to my parents' the beginning of next week.  They said yes.  I got my paper done a week and a half early, meaning I submitted it to them almost three weeks ago now.  One girl was great, she got me my feedback quickly and I am all set.  The other guy STILL has not gotten the feedback to me...and it is due today (officially, for the class)...I am so annoyed.  I just want to get this done.  Now I have to spend this weekend trying to get it finished, assuming he gets it in on time at all.  I know everyone is busy, but really, I would have just used the extra week and a half to get my paper completed if I knew I was going to have to wait around for his feedback anyway, rather than putting off other plans and wedding stuff to get the paper done early.If he doesn't I have decided I am submitting my paper anyway and just emailing my professor explaining that he didn't get feedback to me on time so I am not including it.
image image
BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Vent: F*cking Group Assignments

• Boo group projects.  My major is full of group projects and I really get sick of doing them.  My deparment does research on group projects and really approves of them and how awesome and helpful they are.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just want to say that I love when teachers use the F word. it gives me the giggles. :)
    TTC since October 2010 | BFP 12/29/11 | RRQ BORN 08/26/12
    planned | married | blogged
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always hated group projects, but more so now since I just want to graduate already. Let you professor know what's going on and give him/her all the documentation showing what was agreed to and you should be fine. HTH!!
    Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Mandee-when I am out of the classroom, I swear like crazy.  It is funny actually, because you would think that I would slip up in class...but even when I hurt myself in the classroom (once ran, literally, into an open desk drawer with my calf) I manage to just say, "Oh, ouch, that really hurt..." Perhaps I have split personalities...the calm, ever prepared teacher, and the rather close to losing it at all time other person...my FI would say that is the case :)
    image image
    BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
    BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I hate group projects. I always was the one asking the prof if I could just do it on my own. I hate relying on other people to determine my fate. I'd say go with the turning it in feedback.less. You should be fine, and if not, it can't be that big of a portion of the grade. No biggie. I'm to the point where I'd rather take the C than work on this paper anymore.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards