• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2009 Weddings

Photo guest book question

I am trying to decide if I want to put a note up about the guest book or just let the guest sign it with no explaination (no signing on pics) I guess we have guest book attendants so do I really need anything. If you think I do can you show me what you usedTIA

Re: Photo guest book question

• I just left the book and the pen. I think your guests will know what to do.
  • We had a photo guest book from MyPublisher. We made a little "sign" just in a 4X6 picture frame that said:WelcomePlease sign our guestbook with any advice, tips, or motivational words to help us on our way.Thank you so much for sharing this incredible day with us.Our namesEveryone seemed to "get it"
  • I framed this little message, but I don't really think you need to: We thought this book would make a great souvenir,  So if you have a wedding message, please write it in here.  You might choose words of wisdom,   encouragement, or a joke.  Possibly a poem, a funny drawing, or a wedding anecdote.  We'll look through it fondly in years to come,  So thanks for making this book a special one!
  • I would go with something like what KtotheO put. I didnt put up anything and I think half the guests missed the book.
  • We won't have anyone standing around near it, so we made a sign, this is what it says: Please Sign Our Guestbook v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} --> Flip through the pages of our guestbook and enjoy the photos, then grab a sharpie and help us fill in the blank space.Perhaps you might:Give us your autographDraw a pictureRecord a memoryOffer your marriage advicePredict our futureThank you for coming![IMG]http://i32.tinypic.com/1690vq0.jpg[/IMG]
  • Ahh sorry about the crazy html!
  • We put a little poem by the book (similiar to what was posted). No one seemed to notice the book, it was directly next to the place cards, so the DJ made an announcement. Then people signed.
  • We had a 4x6 frame with a little note. . .A lot of people didn't sign it, except when we were saying goodbye and said "Don't forget to sign the guest book."What I don't get, a lot of dh's family hung out around the guest book. . .but didn't sign it. I find it strange(his cousins and such), but it was their prerogative whether they wanted to or not.We only had 100 adults at the reception, and maybe 40 signed it--obviously some of those were couples. A couple people signed it the next day, at our OOT Guests Party at our house.I'm glad I didn't waste someone's time, standing there, directing people what to do.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We just had a sign that said "Please sign our guestbook" We got way more messages than I expected.
    Honeymooning image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We just had our photo guest book out on a table with no explanation or anything. However, we had all our wedding party, parents, etc. sign it before it was put out. They each signed on different pages. I figured it would give people an idea of good spots to write on all the pages.
  • We had a little sign.  However, only about half signed it.  I don't think it matters what your sign is... some people will miss it.  I don't know if I would make anyone stand there, but I wish I would have assigned a family member to go table by table and remind people. 

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards