Washington-Seattle
Options

Invitation ideas please

I am in love with a quote and want it to be included with my invitation. My original idea didnt work so how do you think I could add to the invite set. On a tag, small note... Please help I really love it. Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Please also tell me if you think it is a stupid idea.

Re: Invitation ideas please

• Options
    edited December 2011

Depending on the style of the invite, maybe on the back of it?  How long is the quote?

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you lining envelopes?  You could print it on the flap of the envelope liner.  I'm curious, what's the quote?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    he is the half part of a blessed man left to be finished by such as she; and she far and divided excellence whose fullness of perfection lies in him - William Shakespeare

I dont know maybe I should just post it somewhere at the wedding. Have you seen invitations with quotes at all
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We put a short quote (well, it was a quote from us), but we put one on top of our informal invite. You can put them anywhere really, but I see that quote in one of two places: on the invitation or in the program. Both woud be a cool way to have a sampling before the event (ie reading the invitation or witnessing the ceremony).

I wouldn't hand write it through - you'd cramp up! So make sure it's something that can be printed.
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh I was planning on lining the envelopes with vintage children book pages
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that :P

And I looked at your bio again, and based off of the preview, what if you did a double-sided invite with the quote on the back? I'm not sure what you had in mind for the invites though. Maybe a band around the middle of the invite with that quote on it? An inner envelope with that quote? Sorry my juices aren't flowing today.
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh my god! Children's books! That is sooo cool! I love that! God you are good at this! I think I may hire you for events in my life where I need a lot of invites made up... Tongue out
    I think the quote is pretty and I like the idea of on the back of the invite or a belly band, or just even a simple tag hanging off one of the directions or fact cards. But I think it SHOULD go in the invite, definitely!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    brave- you dont like me cutting up books LOL
    Brandy-Thanks I think you are right it just sounds perfect for the invite

oh and just noticing I typed it up wrong I had to pee really really bad and wanted to finish the post before LOL

He is the half part of a blessed man,
    Left to be finished by such as she;
    And she a fair divided excellence,
    Whose fullness of perfection lies in him

the third line is where i messed up it is from king john for all who may be interested. Not my favorite play but defiantly favorite quote.  I am a Shakespeare junky :)
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp, I'd do it on the back, at the bottom, like where stuff is written on the back of greeting cards.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How are you lining your envelopes...can anyone tell i'm new to this?! haha I don't have my mom involved in the wedding so i'm becoming a knot junky trying to get ideas from everyone else!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I just tell myself that they were heading towards a landfill and you gave them a second life. :)

I did see something cool with a card vendor up in B'ham - she did color photocopies so she could do several runs of her favorite pics...it could also make for a thinner lining and less shopping if you don't have all the books yet.

I feel like when I look at your posts, I'm reading on Weddingbee - seriously, you're projects are just amazing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards