South Asian Weddings

Multipe Event Invitations - Mehandi/Sangeet, Rehearsal Dinner & Wedding/Reception

Is anyone having multiple events, but not inviting all guests to all events?  If so, how are you dealing with the invitations?  We were thinking of having an insert for each of our events - 1) Wedding/Reception, 2) Mehandi (women only); 3) Rehearsal Dinner for my fiance's out of town family and friends.  However, we now realize that if we do it this way, it will be difficult to track RSVPs. For instance, will we need an RSVP card for each event?   We can't have one RSVP card that lists all three events because we don't want people to think they are invited to 3 events if they are not, or be generally confused as to what they are RSVPing for.

Do most people send a separate invitation for each event? 

Thoughts would be much appreciated!

Re: Multipe Event Invitations - Mehandi/Sangeet, Rehearsal Dinner & Wedding/Reception

• edited December 2011
    The way I have seen this done most often is that there are three separate invitations, usually coming from different people.  For instance, if your fiance's parents are throwing the rehearsal dinner, they send out those invites, and ask people to RSVP to them.  For mehndi or a bridal shower that is typically woman-only, I think someone from the bridal party (sister, aunt, etc) can do it.  Hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    We are having inserts in the invitation for each event and having an online RSVP. The site I'm using allows the guest to put in their name, which then asks them to RSVP for only the events they're invited to.
  • kabrown13kabrown13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have separate inserts in the invitation for each event, that way you can include only the events each guest is invited to.  We then have separate RSVP cards as well, but only one envelope in which they are all sent back.  While our parents are inviting the guests to respective events of the wedding festivities, we're just having the RSVPs sent to us, my fiance and I, to keep track of.  We're using a spreadsheet to keep track of how many guests will be at each event. 
  • edited December 2011
    Liquifeeling,

Your RSVP tracker sounds like a great tool.  Are you using the Knot's Guest Tracker?  Is it capable of sorting for multiple events?

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I did electronic invitations for the mehendhi party and rehersal dinner and only did the paper one for the real wedding.  My wedding website (www.weddingwindow.com) gave us the ability to ask for rsvp's by event.  And it worked out just fine.

The other way I've seen it is with inserts - an insert for each event and have multiple RSVP cards printed. 

I had a master spreadsheet with different columns per event for the RSVPs.  It was a little bit tricky but worked out!
  • edited December 2011
    <div>which site did you use to track rsvps for your multiple events, liquifeeling?</div><div>
    </div><div>thanks for your help!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_multipe-event-invitations-mehandisangeet-rehearsal-dinner-weddingreception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:1ef341d2-8626-4e22-892d-1e2866b6e71bPost:2fff1aa1-0bd2-4275-bdde-ab8b7a8a1978">Re: Multipe Event Invitations - Mehandi/Sangeet, Rehearsal Dinner & Wedding/Reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having inserts in the invitation for each event and having an online RSVP. The site I'm using allows the guest to put in their name, which then asks them to RSVP for only the events they're invited to.
    Posted by liquifeeling[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards