Washington-Seattle
Options

tk drives me CRAZY!

it is so slow at work that it literally stops my computer and if any one walks in i can't hide what i'm doing!

i'm really sad because work gets in the way of my knotting! hahah.
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: tk drives me CRAZY!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LMAO, I know the feeling.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't knot at work at all anymore.  It doesn't even load current threads - everything's like a half day old, and of those, when I click on a thread, it doesn't even give me all the posts in the thread.  I'm a late-night knotter now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    omg carrie, i was noticing that today at work! i got on before iw ent to work and saw that like 14 people had posted on my std question post. then i got to work to read them and it was missing. i knew also that some one had paged niq and i couldn't see that. finally i had to go to theknot.com and sign in again and go find the boards that way. it was a HUgE PITA!!!! it definately made me mad.

i don't really care if people see my knotting at work, they know i always get my work done but... when i'm trying to have tk up in the background and do my work and look every once in a while, it doesn't help when it delays me for like 5 minutes every time i try to see whats going on!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I hate it too. It is so slow at work and even at home. I click on something, go do something else and then go back and read it. I guess it gets me to work more or maybe space out my knotting so I can saver it more? IDK... Like right now I am knotting and looking at the Nordstrom's catolog.

imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used to lurk a lot on the dress and HM boards because they are fun to read and now I pretty much come on here for a few mins every few days because it's SO SLOW. It drives me insane. Ugh.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just a heads up - I use Google Chrome as my web browser at home, and TK loads AS FAST as it used to before the new format.  I strongly recommend it for those of you who can load a different browser onto your computer.  Here's the link if you're interested - http://www.google.com/chrome
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i just dled it.. my home computer is WAY faster than work but now it is even FASTER! thank you!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Can you use Google Chrome at work? I hear it's a little faster than the others. EDIT: learn to read Nick, Carrie already figured this out :).

But most of what needs to be done to make TK faster is stuff that TK needs to do :(.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_tk-drives-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:46013abe-9757-409b-9c46-2a4979e55973Post:9da40593-b601-4900-85e7-8b63bdda5198">Re: tk drives me CRAZY!</a>:
    [QUOTE]But most of what needs to be done to make TK faster is stuff that TK needs to do :(.
    Posted by niq24601[/QUOTE]
    Fo sho.
  • Options
    dmw_2010dmw_2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What annoys me the most is that it doesn't transfer your "read posts" between computers anymore.  I can knot all day at work, but when I log in at home everything shows up as unread!  ARGH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    At least you guys can knot at work...  I used to be able to from my phone during lunch & breaks, but now, of course, it doesn't work on my phone...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards