Washington-Seattle
Options

Shower Registry, Your Thoughts

Now I've personally never heard this done before, so if it's common, let me know! But have you ever heard of a shower where the bride registers for lingerie someplace to help the guests? I haven't, but I thought it would be alot easier for say, when my host sends out an invite, it can say I'm registered at Victoria's Secret, and then I would get exactly what I wanted. I know they can buy off of our registries as well, but I'm curious about this. Does that sound weird? I don't know, it just crossed my mind. Let me know your thoughts!
Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone

Re: Shower Registry, Your Thoughts

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never heard of registering just for a shower. I think that people who know your size and feel comfortable to buy you lingerie will.. others will resort to your registry or give you wahtever they want. I wouldn't personally register just for lingerie but thats just me. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would have been mortified if someone gave me lingerie at my shower, so I in no way would have encouraged it. I do think it's sort of odd because I've never known anyone to do it, but maybe if you anticipate a lot of guests buying lingerie for you I guess it could be helpful? I dunno, it weirds me out too much guests even knowing my sizes or what I'd like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of registering per say, but in my circle it's customary to give lingerie at the bachelorette.  Not at the shower.  Aunts & grandmas go to showers!  Lol, but from my experience, people just guess at sizes.  I know that's what I had to do for my MOH when she got married.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If whoever is organizing your shower wants to suggest lingerie, then that's fine, but I wouldn't do a separate registry for it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hopefully everyone is clever enough to include gift receipts, and you just exchange for stuff that fits/ you like.  ;)
    married :: april 22, 2010 :: sodo park, seattle Photobucket http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftyclementines
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    To me, the idea is a bit odd.  FWIW, at my MOH's shower it was funny to see her get lingere from her grandmother.  But I agree with PPs - I personally do not hope I get lingere at any shower my mom would be at (too wierd!).  And people can ususally guess your size, and those who do likely will include a gift receipt.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, haven't heard of it and its weird.  Depending on the crowd, lingerie may not be a weird present, but any sizes/styles should be by word of mouth if anything.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, glad to know I wasn't out of the loop or something! I do think it would be a bit weird to rack up a list of wants for the bedroom, lol! And yeah, I hope I don't get too much lingerie in front of the gma's! One would laugh her ass off, the other is really prudish. Oh well, thanks for the opinions girls! I'm just trying to keep an open mind for everything since I'm only doing this thing once! But I'm with you all, it's weird!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards