South Asian Weddings

Random Question.....

This thought occured to me after I saw Bells's engagement video....

Are all of you guys wearing something traditional in your engagement pics/video?  I was thinking only western clothes till now, jeans, dress, etc.  But I see a lot of you used Indian clothing in your pics and videos....which is making me rethink it.  I don't wear traditional clothing usually, not unless it is for a desi party, or wedding, so I guess I hadn't thought about it. 

So what is the census of the board?  Did you wear a traditional outfit at somepoint during E-pics?  Are you planning on wearing it if you haven't taken your pics yet?  If you are wearing a traditional outfit, what are you planning on wearing?? 

And another random question....Are you getting your hair and makeup done professionally for E-pics???

Re: Random Question.....

• edited December 2011
    Hi Hinaj

I am doing the next photo shoot in a dress (not indian dress), our photographer and most photographers, let you do a change in between. So you can do indian and a dress or jeans for a second change, that way you get the best of both worlds. If you have time, you can get your hair done, I def. didnt have time I just curled my hair a bit at home and did my makeup and tada! Also, I think a saree or a lehnga looks flowy in pictures if you are doing traditional, but its up to your comfort level what you feel like wearing my lehnga was a bit uncomfy for quick moving!
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing both as well. Since both of us are western we thought it's only right to do a dress, t-shirt and jeans, but I wanted an indian outfit to send back the family in India. I think it's really what you are comfortable with.

As far as make up I love playing with make up so I will be doing my own. I normally do it for my friends for their e-pic, bridals, and weddings so I hope I can do my own.
    Update 6/13/2010
    June 2011 SiggyChallenge: Wedding Cake
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for your advice!!! I got to think on this one, or maybe see if I want to have an Indian outfit.  And if I do, then I have to find an outfit!!

Nicky - I was in love with your lengha.  It was perfect at least in looks. 
    Bells - Where are the e-pics located on your website?  Couldn't find them....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards