Offbeat Weddings
Options

Please PIP your "offbeat" garter....

I'm really wanting an "offbeat" garter.  I am in talks with an etsy seller for a custom comic inspired garter.  What are you all using? She is bouncing ideas off of me and I'm just not sure!

Re: Please PIP your "offbeat" garter....

• Options
    ChiGirl2013ChiGirl2013 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Etsy seller NeverAPlainJane has a lot of offbeat garters.  I bought my sister's from her, and will most likely use her for mine as well.  She has some listed that are made from ties, so as soon as FI picks his tie, I'll just get an extra one and send it to her.  Some of her garters are downright strange, but I've been stalking her shop for about a year now and her inventory is contstantly changing - but she's open to customs as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    Im being offbeat and not having a garter....haha jk, but for real I am not having a garter.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    haha thanks for the ideas!  I am working with an etsy seller for a custom "Avengers" theme garter. I can't wait to see it :D
  • Options
    Garters are one of those things that are SO easy to make them reflect you and your FI :)
  • Options
    I don't get garters. Why would anyone want lace rubbing against their thigh all day. Good luck with the chafing.  And I especially don't get the garter toss. And if you're not having a garter toss then wearing a garter is pointless.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_offbeat-weddings_please-pip-your-offbeat-garter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:43453af6-2ee4-412a-99fb-cbb447240911Discussion:767fe15d-a33c-4029-9987-e085eaab4376Post:de30f8de-0247-4090-8b11-ba64619e5889">Re: Please PIP your "offbeat" garter....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't get garters. Why would anyone want lace rubbing against their thigh all day. Good luck with the chafing.  And I especially don't get the garter toss. And if you're not having a garter toss then wearing a garter is pointless.
    Posted by uneek1323[/QUOTE]

This is not necessarily the case. For a lot of ladies that aren't comfortable with the garter toss, the garter is a fun surprise for their DH on their wedding night. I know if we weren't doing the toss (which he and his friends seem to enjoy so he's set on doing it) then I would still be surprising him with the Toronto Maple Leafs garter that he would never guess I'd buy.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    We're not tossing it or anything... I just wanted one to suprise my fi with when the dress comes off :)  
  • Options
    Everyone is different but for me, getting the dress off was not the sexy part.
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • Options
    I ended up with two garters, I made one to match my handfasting cords, and then a second one for my evening outfit, lots of satins and gems, very burlesque to match a lovely cream and gold corset edged with a feather boa :-)  Didnt have a garter toss as no guests!  Just five at the ceremonmy, including me and the OH :-)  Wasnt so worried about the chafing, more the fact it might end up around my ankle at some point - boob tape to the rescue :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards