Washington-Seattle
Options

Princess Bride Couture - What the heck!

A few months ago, I posted a review of my experience with Princess Bride on weddingwire.com.  It wasn't a glowing review, and apparently Princess Bride didn't like my comments so they *disputed* my review with weddingwire, and now it's gone from the site.  What the heck?!  Since when does Princess Bride get to dispute my OPINION?!

Re: Princess Bride Couture - What the heck!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WHAT?!?! Ok, they are beyond super-sketchy!!
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    irshis20irshis20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you dispute their dispute? LOL

At least send weddingwire an email regarding the matter. If they want to be taken seriously as a site, they need to appear neutral.
  • Options
    marksmartinimarksmartini member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just post another one.  I didn't think they could do that.  Maybe you should read what the rules are for what you can and cannot put in the review?   IDK... that sucks though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    was this the same place that one of our OMH's had a problem with? they are super sketchy. I say you should go to every place you can and write your review about them. let EVERYONE know they suck. i don't think it is fair that they can dispute what is up on the website. they are lurkers for sure!

if you are reading this from princess bride couture, YOU SUCK!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    marksmartinimarksmartini member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha Sarack!  That cracked me up!  So true tho...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol, Sara!

The place sucks.  You can tell they're sketchy when they sound slimey on the phone and won't answer a question straight but say "but you should come in..." riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  BTW, Princess Bride, we KNOW you guys operate like a used car dealership.

Ditto PPs - post on Yelp, Citysearch, Evening Magazine, etc.  And I would also do as Irshis suggested and write a lengthy letter to Wedding Wire about the removal of your review.  Let us know how it turns out. 
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Just a reminder, as always... vendors are lurking.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the same thing happen to me but with a different vendor.

I posted a review about my photographer. I loved her and about a month after the wedding I got some feedback from my family members that was I hadn't realized before. I added that to my review of her (it was also her first review on that website and she disputed it. I sent in a copy of my contract and it still says that the review is being reviewed.

The problem I have with wedding wire is that vendors are allowed to post. So they pretty much have free reign of that site.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Just a reminder, as always... vendors are lurking.
    Posted by benjaminandlauren[/QUOTE]
    If a vendor were to have a review of mine either deleted, removed or otherwise altered, you can rest assured that I wouldn't END my response to that until every public review site was peppered with my review of them.  Which, of course, would be nothing but the truth, and thus my defense, if they wanted to make something of it.<div>
    </div><div>I hope they ARE lurking.  To any lurking vendors: It would be bad business on your part to go after a customer for posting a negative (either based on factually true assertions, or personal opinion) review of your business, and should you try to do that, you should be aware that it will only make things more difficult for you.  The solution to bad reviews is good customer service, thus leading to good customer reviews.</div>
  • Options
    koosh ballkoosh ball member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should post this review on yelp. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Too bad Princess Bride had to interfere.  Now instead of my review staying just on weddingwire, I'm going to post it EVERYWHERE!

Carrie-oz, totally agree with you about customer service!

• Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, PBC is the one i had a pretty severe issue with. i'd be happy to talk about it through fbook, because, yes, they ARE watching.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah, i had my reviews on the knot, and they called the knot to get them taken down, too. vendors always win on these websites, since they're the ones that pay for it....

i think this is an appropriate smiley.......Money mouth
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_princess-bride-couture-heck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:527bb5a3-564b-4ce3-bc92-0a01f637189fPost:13eb6a00-6ad8-4430-a7b6-6e0ee3065f16">Re: Princess Bride Couture - What the heck!</a>:
    [QUOTE]vendors always win on these websites, since they're the ones that pay for it.... i think this is an appropriate smiley.......
    Posted by jennlin[/QUOTE]
    I think it's helpful to remember this sometimes.  Wedding sites are not really FOR us.  We're the lure the sites use to get vendors to pay them for for ad space.  So while you can post reviews on wedding sites, it's also a good idea to post them on review sites like Yelp, CitySearch, etc.  <div>
    </div><div>And that's why when I search for reviews of vendors (learned my lesson there), I go to Google and search "[name of vendor] reviews" - you'll get lots of different reviews by doing that.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards