Washington-Seattle
Options

What jewelry are you wearing?

I really wanted to buy a ceremony dress and a reception dress but it wasnt in the budget :( So i started looking for a way to set the dress separate from the ceremony and the reception. And I found this

chunky necklaces. And I love it :) After searching forever moh and I finally found a perfect one (please excuse the booby crack)

so now I need to find simple elegant jewelry for the ceremony. What are you girls wearing? Please post a pic. I need ideas :) Also to make it more dramatic should I not wear a necklace at all at the ceremony only dangley earnings and  a bracelet?

Re: What jewelry are you wearing?

• Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also should I remove one or two strands off the necklace? It may be just a tad too much for me but still perfect!!
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I might remove a strand or two.

I haven't bought any jewelry yet, but I have ideas in my bio.  I plan to do a flower in my hair, dangly/vintage earings and a bracelet.  No necklace.  Plus, of course my ring, and my grandmother's grandmother's antinque ring.  (I'll try to add a pic to my bio).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I keep bouncing all over the place for what I want for jewelry. Have no idea yet other than some kind of larger, slightly funky necklace. My ears are allergic to earrings so I'll either wear little studs or nothing, depending on how they behave that day.

That necklace is fun. I think I would remove one or two of the shorter metal strands
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE that necklace!!! Where oh where did you get it? This is such a fantastic idea! I would have never thought of it. I think it looks amazing just the way it is, you are going to rock it for sure! :)
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of adding necklaces, but I think there are a few too many in your pic.  I'd go with just three or four instead.

My jewelry's in my bio under Beauty.  Not sure how helpful mine will be since I like "statement jewelry" - nothing terribly dainty.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    elle- thanks I found it at fashion bug.

I still dont know what to wear :( I did win free jewelry at my bridal store. maybe I should go look there
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you post a photo of your dress?

To be honest, I don't care for that necklace but I could see that look working with certain dresses.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually love necklaces like that!  But I think if you can try on your dress with the necklace that would help determine if it's just right or if you could tone down on it a bit.  Another option would be to remove a few strands and put in 1 sparkly/chunky pendant necklace on top which you could wear just that 1 necklace for the ceremony. 

Personally I'm going to have chandelier earrings, a simple pear/teardrop CZ pendant in white gold, and maybe my white gold sapphire marquise ring on my right hand.  I might also do a bracelet - just haven't decided if I should do it on my right or left wrist.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    briandbry2010briandbry2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Iam probably no wearing a necklace but I found these great vintage earings and a matching broach and an antique mall in tacoma. They are fillagre and blue stone costume jewelry that are shaped like peacock feathers. it sound a little gawdy but I lovem
    Visit Retro.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker 172 invitedimage 151 accepted!image 5 can't make itimage 16 haven't respondedimage
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooh i want to see briandbry! Do you  have a pic?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards